I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought "Damnation" was rather beautiful, but it's true that it isn't representative of their overall sound. And no, I seriously doubt you can play that album since you say you've never picked up a guitar...in fact, if you even had the slightest knowledge of musical theory, you'll see that a large portion of "Damnation" is actually pretty technical, which is much more than I can say about that piss-poor excuse for a comeback you seem to like so much(St. Anger)...

If you didnt musically appreciate Still Life- you obviously have no idea about composition or music theory. As Metallica with St Anger, shows they have not a fucking clue of composition either. Maybe Metallica was made for your crudely simple tastes.

I do also find Opeth to be boring at times- at least Blackwater Park meanders ala St Anger- repetitions of the same riff way too much.

This board = 44 faggets and a cool guy.. Guess who the latter is? See you fucks dont care about how an album makes u feel. You just want a clusterfuck of riffs just so you can feel like the elitist prudes which you portray. I could give a rats microscopic cock n balls about how technical crapnation is. It is so slow and boring and his fucking vocals are horrendous !!!! This is a masterpiece? Its a piece alright. But piece is the prefix for the word "of shit". Get a fucking clue giblets. BlOpeth sucks arsecheeks. But atleast their better than dying fetus. Metallica for life motherfawkers! \m/

Opeth sucks.

This is overhyped horseshit, absolutely a disgrace. Not even metal really. Some people think this is epic, these people function using a single neuron. Opeth have essentially tried to combine lots of accoustics, 70's prog, and gaythenburg. It didn't work. The music has no cohesion, different elements seem to come together in a completely random and haphazard fashion(see atheist for music successfully fusing genres). The song structures are actually conventional, there's just lots of filler. This brings me to the accoustics, oh the accoustics..... They never fucking end. Each song seems to have a percentage of it designated for tedious, meandering accoustics which never actually reach a logical conclusion. The clean vocals are whiny, and the production doesn't really give the riffs any bite. The lyrics are smug. If you like this then you probably worship Christ. Avoid!!

Reactions: Arch
Heheh, this guy is probably the worst poster on the forum right now, so I'm not going to dignify his post with a long, drawn-out argument. Damnation isn't a metal album, it's a prog-rock album, and a darn good one. Be quiet now.

My Arms Your Hearse is the greatest Opeth album.

Demiurge said:
Opeth sucks.

This is overhyped horseshit, absolutely a disgrace. Not even metal really. Some people think this is epic, these people function using a single neuron. Opeth have essentially tried to combine lots of accoustics, 70's prog, and gaythenburg. It didn't work. The music has no cohesion, different elements seem to come together in a completely random and haphazard fashion(see atheist for music successfully fusing genres). The song structures are actually conventional, there's just lots of filler. This brings me to the accoustics, oh the accoustics..... They never fucking end. Each song seems to have a percentage of it designated for tedious, meandering accoustics which never actually reach a logical conclusion. The clean vocals are whiny, and the production doesn't really give the riffs any bite. The lyrics are smug. If you like this then you probably worship Christ. Avoid!!

Listen to My Arms Your Hearse. The acoustics don't go on for long at all, the melodies are darker than your average gothenburg, there's little or no prog in it, the songs are structured nicely (unlike the pasted-together sections of Orchid and Morningrise or the annoying Still Life structure). The clean-vocals are better than on the other albums as well. I think it's a masterpiece.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
This board = 44 faggets and a cool guy.. Guess who the latter is? See you fucks dont care about how an album makes u feel. You just want a clusterfuck of riffs just so you can feel like the elitist prudes which you portray. I could give a rats microscopic cock n balls about how technical crapnation is. It is so slow and boring and his fucking vocals are horrendous !!!! This is a masterpiece? Its a piece alright. But piece is the prefix for the word "of shit". Get a fucking clue giblets. BlOpeth sucks arsecheeks. But atleast their better than dying fetus. Metallica for life motherfawkers! \m/

I don't care about the quantity of riffs, only the quality. I'm not particularly elitist. It is slow, and the average metaller may find it boring. The vocals aren't horrendous, they fit the music. The vocals on St Anger however, are absolutely abysmal. Possibly the worst I've ever heard. Hetfield used to be a damn good vocalist as well.

When the fuck did i say it was a metal album? Where? Disturbed u a fucknut whatever you say has lost all validity. I will however listen to the opinions of others. Have u seen the fucking lyrics to damnation? Nothing poetic about it. Each sentence doesnt have any connection with the previous sentence. Its fucking trash. This cd has lyric backing, the vox are sung by a man that cant sing for shit. His singing= talking in a soft manner. Lmfao! You brainwashed fanboys! This band is trying to be a pink floyd rip off. Difference. Pink Floyd fucking rocks. You fuckers are to afraid to be (un metal) so you by opeth so you can stay "troo". Go buy floyd you fags if you want this kinda tunes. And another thing. This shit is complicated? The songs are so slow at time i feel like im going back in time! My God what shitty tunes. I;m the idiot thought. I bought this album instead of Anathema Judgement. Which is an outstanding album. Go listen to One Last Goodbye. Thats a real jam you posuers!

You are the most contradicting piece of shit on this board. You are the one brainwashed...into thinking Metallica is good.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
When the fuck did i say it was a metal album? Where? Disturbed u a fucknut whatever you say has lost all validity. I will however listen to the opinions of others. Have u seen the fucking lyrics to damnation? Nothing poetic about it. Each sentence doesnt have any connection with the previous sentence. Its fucking trash. This cd has lyric backing, the vox are sung by a man that cant sing for shit. His singing= talking in a soft manner. Lmfao! You brainwashed fanboys! This band is trying to be a pink floyd rip off. Difference. Pink Floyd fucking rocks. You fuckers are to afraid to be (un metal) so you by opeth so you can stay "troo". Go buy floyd you fags if you want this kinda tunes. And another thing. This shit is complicated? The songs are so slow at time i feel like im going back in time! My God what shitty tunes. I;m the idiot thought. I bought this album instead of Anathema Judgement. Which is an outstanding album. Go listen to One Last Goodbye. Thats a real jam you posuers!

When did I say you said it was a metal album? Where?

A few points: Look at St Anger's lyrics, they are far worse. At least Opeth don't write lyrics that a 14 year old PMSing might write. Pink Floyd do rock, but Damnation is hardly ripping them off....at all. Damnation isn't complicated. Judgement is better than Damnation. Damnation is Opeth's worst album though.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
DUDE I CAN PLAY FUCKING DAMNATION ON A GUITAR AND IVE NEVER PICKED ONE UP IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! HOW FUCKING SIMPLISTIC IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT! ST ANGER RULES! AND IM USING CAPITAL LETTERS JUST TO PISS YOUR VIRGINAL ASSES UP! ST ANGER OWNS YOU FUCKING UNDERGREOUND GOONBERRIES! AND MY INSULTS ONLY GO TO THE DICKS ON THE BOARD NOT THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES. Anyhow THE FIRST ALBUM I BOUGHT WAS DELIVERANCE. HATED IT. I just dled Still life. This album isnt half bad. Guess third times a charm? OH AND LET ME REITERATE. ST ANGER OWNS
Even Slipknot is better than St. Anger. Opeth is pretty good, and I can apreciate their musicianship, though they are far from my favorite band. Metallica's stuff up through And Justice For All was great, but they sucked from then on and will never achieve greatness again. I almost think that you are a troll anyways, so there is no sense in arguing.

Lots of people don't like Opeth. That's fine, it's all a matter of taste really. Me personally, I find it odd that you would even mince up a corolation between Fagtallica's St. Anger and Damnation, two albums with literally nothing in common (insert quality joke here), and further that by saying you can play songs off Damnation without ever picking up a guitar. Well, you should have no problem tackling Frantic and the like, so you better start snagging up some tabs. But whatever. It's all a matter of taste

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Have u seen the fucking lyrics to damnation? Nothing poetic about it. Each sentence doesnt have any connection with the previous sentence. Its fucking trash. This cd has lyric backing, the vox are sung by a man that cant sing for shit.

frantic toc tic toc tic toc

:rolleyes:

Demiurge said:
Opeth sucks.

I like Opeth, but I completely agree with that. An excellent and accurate, if harsh, analysis of Damnation's music.

Status
Not open for further replies.