I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Opeth AND St. Anger. :D

But at least with Opeth I can say they are talented, and they just don't do it for me.

St. Anger on the other hand.......

Demiurge said:
You're a metallica fanboy, one of those fucktards who only acknowledges the accomplishments of his favorite band. Also, a person who has never played the guitar is incapable of judging the difficulty of guitar playing. The expression is "it's nothing to write home about". In short you are a moron.

Opeth is still shit though.

Hehehe, I totally agree in both terms...
First of all St. Anger really really sucks. With that announcement out in fresh air, I can add that Damnation sucks as well... I couldn´t stand listening to the entire album in a row in both cases. Not even once, and I gave them a lot of "grow-time".. !! Normally Im kind of tolerent, but these two album sucks. Musically and conceptual with St. Anger, and lack of interest and energy on Damnation...!

AllWithinMyMonster said:
This board = 44 faggets and a cool guy.. Guess who the latter is? See you fucks dont care about how an album makes u feel. You just want a clusterfuck of riffs just so you can feel like the elitist prudes which you portray. I could give a rats microscopic cock n balls about how technical crapnation is. It is so slow and boring and his fucking vocals are horrendous !!!! This is a masterpiece? Its a piece alright. But piece is the prefix for the word "of shit". Get a fucking clue giblets. BlOpeth sucks arsecheeks. But atleast their better than dying fetus. Metallica for life motherfawkers! \m/

Even though you are an idiot, this was pretty funny :D

This pretty much somes up my feelings on St. Angler.

StAnger.JPG

The guy called Dick Rott has given the best answer so far. Honest. He hates Opeth and St. Anger, but he acknowledges that Opeth are talented and not for him. I like that. I happen to be an Opeth fan, but I've never gone and tried using the band to prove that I'm an elitist intellectual. I also listen to Andrew W.K. for crying out loud! I think that too many people are judging Opeth based on Damnation. They might also hate the other albums due to death vocals, but that's what makes the clean vocals all so special. Damnation was kind of like a spoiler album. Opeth's big surprise was the clean vocals. Putting on an Opeth album for a newcomer, making them sit through the death vocals, and then unleashing the lcean vocals. "Yeah, that's the SAME guy." A new fan is born. Usually.

I think St. Anger sucks, Opeth is great, and people shouldn't judge them based on Damnation. I think anyone that dislikes Opeth should acknowledge their talent and dedication to pushing themselves and their fans with each release.

I'm not a Cookie-Monster obsessed underground fanboy. My favorite band happens to be U2.

I'm a huge Opeth fan, owning all of their catalogue(except Still Life). I also own the whole Metallica catalogue(except for St Anger because I sold it away after listening to it many a times and not liking it). Metallica has made some of the best metal ever, but I'd say...Saint Anger is just pure horseshit :). Damnation is the horseshit of the Opeth bunch(I still like it because I thought it was a change from the Death Vocals).

Saint Anger to me, just sounds like teenage angst with repetitive riffs and the worst song structures. The lyrics are fucking horrible. I listened to it a few times and just got pissed off and lost track of what band I was listening to because it was so shit. No one's mocking Metallica here. They're just mocking St Anger, and Damnation. Don't judge either bands on these albums.

Opeth have way better song structures than St Anger does. Opeth also have way better lyrics than St Anger does. And the production and drum sounds on St Anger are just pure shit.

Just my 2c

SculptedCold said:
I like Opeth, but I completely agree with that. An excellent and accurate, if harsh, analysis of Damnation's music.

Yeah, Demiurge backed up his dislike for Damnation/Opeth quite well. As for AllWithinMyMonster? I wonder how the guitar lessons are going...

But even more than that, I have to question why he evn purchased the album in the first place. I mean, does he like prog music? Since Damnation is basically a retro-prog album in the first place, and assuming he doesn't like prog, he essentially went to a store and spent $15 solely because some people are claiming it a masterpiece. Now I'm not a fan of black metal, and therefore I haven't gone out and purchased "Sheol" by Naglfar, despite the fact the everyone and there mother is hailing this as a masterpiece. So what's next Mr. Monster? Next, you'll be saying how you love Robert Trujillo's bass playing on St. Anger...

Oh, and if you do like progressive music, Mr, Monster, be sure to check out the new Fly Pan Am CD, Ceux Qui Inventent N'ont Jamais Vécu

Opeth had their time, and that time is over. I do enjoy some songs from their first 4 releases, but cannot sit through the entire albums. It just gets too boring. Nowadays Opeth are nothing more than below average. THey need to throw in the towel.

Metallica are the most overrated wankers on the planet. Yes, even the 80's releases.

Metallica's St. Anger is boring, bland, repetitive and lacks spark. Most of Opeth's work is boring, bland, repetitive and lacks spark. But Opeth are more talented and more creative, at least.

You guys are a bunch of sausage smoking cumtarts. Your opinions are meaningless. You are the few. Metallica is loved by millions. So i can care less about your opinion. And if they were liked only by the dozens. Theyde still be my fav band. I dig it all. James can fucking sing the pledge of allegiance and its still far superior to your blopeth straight out of sesame street shitfest which you would like to call "musically complicated". As far as that song Mordit Grotten. This song would be good. If it was in fucking english! Lol. I cant understand a thing their saying. But sounds good. On to other matters. You fucks sit on your pc and hide your pale faces from the world. You fucks will be living at home intil your 26 leaching off of mommy dearest. You'll be yelping at her with such adolescent comments as "Whats for dinner. And mother can you iron my slacks I got a job interview down at the home depot. You stupid silly little shits! The joke is on you. You think your fucking above everyone? With your stupid songs praising Satan everyother syllable. How can you relate to this cheesy shit? Word of advice fucks. You are never going to take over the world, your not going to have sex with a dead corpse, and your not gonna reign in hell. So wake up and smell the juan valdez and fucking listen to shit that you can relate to. You guys are about as lame as people who play magic the gathering. As far as geet tar playin goes. I'll let your girlfriends play with the strings of my guitar of gratification. If you do know what i mean you heebs! ;)

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Your opinions are meaningless.

As opposed to yours?

You are the few. Metallica is loved by millions.

Right. So take comfort that you are like everyone else.

You fucks sit on your pc and hide your pale faces from the world. You fucks will be living at home intil your 26 leaching off of mommy dearest.

I don't exactly see you taking your "mission" to the streets.

Living at home, huh? Nah, actually I can't wait to move into my $152,000 home in November, which I bought.

You guys are about as lame as people who play magic the gathering.

....or people that listen to Metallica.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
You guys are a bunch of sausage smoking cumtarts. Your opinions are meaningless. You are the few. Metallica is loved by millions. So i can care less about your opinion. And if they were liked only by the dozens. Theyde still be my fav band. I dig it all. James can fucking sing the pledge of allegiance and its still far superior to your blopeth straight out of sesame street shitfest which you would like to call "musically complicated". As far as that song Mordit Grotten. This song would be good. If it was in fucking english! Lol. I cant understand a thing their saying. But sounds good. On to other matters. You fucks sit on your pc and hide your pale faces from the world. You fucks will be living at home intil your 26 leaching off of mommy dearest. You'll be yelping at her with such adolescent comments as "Whats for dinner. And mother can you iron my slacks I got a job interview down at the home depot. You stupid silly little shits! The joke is on you. You think your fucking above everyone? With your stupid songs praising Satan everyother syllable. How can you relate to this cheesy shit? Word of advice fucks. You are never going to take over the world, your not going to have sex with a dead corpse, and your not gonna reign in hell. So wake up and smell the juan valdez and fucking listen to shit that you can relate to. You guys are about as lame as people who play magic the gathering. As far as geet tar playin goes. I'll let your girlfriends play with the strings of my guitar of gratification. If you do know what i mean you heebs! ;)

I'd be grateful if you quit acting as a fool all the time. I listen to black/death metal because - surprise, surprise - the music is good! I don't care what they sing about, be it Extol (Christian black/death) or Darkthrone. And some black metal lyrics are writtin in a metaphorical way - if you are a tad intelligent you can analyze the lyrics a bit and find out that you actually CAN relate to some of the lyrics. And - if I need good music and lyrics that I relate to a lot, I'll just put on some Refused, Raised Fist, or some other hardcore/punk. You once claimed that English is your 5th language. Is this really the truth? You sound like a typical American close-minded guy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.