i hate bonus tracks

CAIRATH said:
A better comparison would be if a movie that was released in the 70's had a bunch of scenes added to it (like the Star Wars movies for instance) when it re-released years later.
no, that is not a good comparison at all, because Circle of the Tyrant is not thrown between Madrigal and The Amen Corner

a better comparison would be a bunch of alternate/deleted scenes shown after the credits had rolled

CAIRATH said:
Most directors are wise enough not to fuck with their creations, most painters sure as hell don't take a painting they made ten years ago and suddenly start adding things to it, the same should go for music.
tell me how Prologue, April Ethereal, When, Madrigal, The Amen Corner, Demon of the Fall, Credence, Karma, and/or Epilogue is any different on the original release than on the reissue

CAIRATH said:
The fact that you can skip it or turn it off doesn't change that.
yes yes, it indeed does... that and being able to program the tracks you want to be played... it's a really simple concept

edit: in the time it has taken you guys to come here and complain about this, you could've already burnt copies of these albums minus the bonus tracks and wouldn't even have this imaginary problem anymore

yeah bonus tracks are fantastic, even sometimes if the track is 'bad' if youre an avid fan of the band it can be interesting to give and insight into what the band was going for at the time if its a rough mix or b-side, i know im more drawn to a cd with bonus tracks, and since i listen to alot of my cds after transferring it to my computer, i can just cut out the bonus tracks if i like, of all things to whinge about with cds, this is what you choose...come on

I don't think I'll bother continuing this argument actually. It's obvious you are all too stubborn to even consider a different point of view and apparently the opinion I hold automatically makes me 'stupid' and 'whiney' so what the fuck ever.

For your information I have around 500 CDs and not even half of those are metal. Not that that even makes a difference at all as far as this discussion or my opinion on it goes.

This forum is tiresome.

House of Seance said:
edit: in the time it has taken you guys to come here and complain about this, you could've already burnt copies of these albums minus the bonus tracks and wouldn't even have this imaginary problem anymore

your best quote ever. youve totally redeemed yourself because of the "imaginary problem" line. *thumbs up*

biggsy said:
I fail to see how the amount of albums you own/the kind of music you listen to affects your thoughts on bonus tracks...:erk:

So do I. I was merely replying to NFU's remark earlier in this thread.

perhaps if you have more albums, it's less likely that you'll make a dumb generalization about bonus tracks being crappy because you'll know that there are tons of rereleased albums with worthwhile additions

you tarts....because i couldnt even begin to count how many albums i have with ESSENTIAL and great bonus tracks to completely shoot down this notion that most bonus tracks are shit. maybe they are in the metal world...

one of my favorite songs of all time actually, (a linda perhacs song) was a bonus track on her CD release. so whatever...lock this thread, i cant stand this sandbox banter by ignorant children on here.

And ofcourse all the pro-bonus track people in this thread own thousands of CDs. Good point.

Speaking of tarts, have you sent my CDs yet?

CAIRATH said:
And ofcourse all the pro-bonus track people in this thread own thousands of CDs. Good point.

Speaking of tarts, have you sent my CDs yet?

Well doesnt that make some sense to you? If i only owned a small portion of something, and made huge generalizations about that entire topic, id feel pretty foolish. but you guys seem to stick to your guns, no matter how ridiculous it is.

If youve paid, then ive sent them. im like clockwork. thanks...and enjoy!

This thread should have been about CD's that could stand to NOT have the extra added tracks.
Two that come to mind are Opeth's Orchid and Morningrise. The re-releases were the only thing I could get at the time.
It's nothing bad that worries my poor psyche but the quality of the songs were so bad that they do make the CD less appealing. JUSTMYTWOCENTS

Most old Jazz music that was only out on vinyl have extra takes/alternate takes on them to make a 60 or so minute record out of a mabey 35/40 minute record.
Some of those are pretty cool, some are not. It is nothing to bitch about BTW.
What ever happened to the Hidden tracks that used to be on all the cd's?

gatedropper said:
This thread should have been about CD's that could stand to NOT have the extra added tracks.
Two that come to mind are Opeth's Orchid and Morningrise. The re-releases were the only thing I could get at the time.
It's nothing bad that worries my poor psyche but the quality of the songs were so bad that they do make the CD less appealing. JUSTMYTWOCENTS

Good point.

I'm not saying that ALL bonus tracks are bad, but on certain albums I could do without them. Again, I don't want to winge about it, as, if I dont want them, I track down a version without, or just put up with it.

The only time i've really not wanted the bonus tracks was with MAYH. Not because they aren't good or anything, but as it's a concept album I felt like they weren't needed, and as I had the choice, decided not to get them.

It's all subjective, again, and maybe something that the original poster should've kept to himself.. lulz.