I hate impulses (aka. my best mix ever)

good mix Ermz. (How do stop being Lazy and purchase reamp device?)...getting more than I expected in Tax return...so hopefully I get one.... (in 6 years ;) )

Cheers for bagging me without mentioning my name again also. :lol: Without mentioning other names, I wasn't the only one to fail, so I am not bitter about it. :lol: :)

All the best with the release. :headbang:[/QUOTE]

We all failed D:

I agree with my studio partner above =D. I immensely LOVE Plec's work, so, any little things I can nitpick (sounds a bit too slammed and the highend on the OH's is a little piercing), I'm sure he can remedy.

Dude's a genius, IMO. The Miseration record he did is one of my favorite sounding albums of alllll time.

Great mix! very pro! :)

Could you write something abut reverbs on drums? Some M7 were used?? which one if any:D and if you can tell?

Well, pay for some studio time, hire/borrow the amps(s) and cab(s) and do it yourself. It's not that hard of a decision really if that is the only way you will be satisfied with the end result without being so traumatized by it all.

Yeah. Agree.

I'm sorry, but for a guy that's so into the "miking of an amp is so superior compared to Impulses", I would've taken care of that by now. If I would've been you that is.

Sorry, I'm drunk, but I'm glad I didn't do any reamping for you after that crushing review. What a waste of time.

@Necroproboszcz: Well, I mean, I'm not really Bergstrand so I can't tell you. What I was 'trying' to do was let the bass and kick take care of all the low-end, and push the bass deep into the subs rather than the mid-bass frequencies. Guitars are very thin/high passed. It's a very filtered mix.

@Ryan: Take it easy man :lol: I failed most

@Demisephil: Cool, thanks.

@CJ: Yeah no doubt Plec will add some magic at the end of things. I'll take off the brickwalling maximizer too just to give him a fighting chance :lol:

@Zvish: There's not really much audible reverb on the drums. 95% of the reverberation you're hearing comes from the SD2.0 and real room mics. 5% is some large tiled room preset on the M7 impulses just to add a touch more space. Seriously I could mute it and nobody would be able to tell.

@GH: Thanks man, I'll check it out later. It's my day off so I'm gonna spend it with the missus. There's a few folks throwing tones over at me so I'll try to be somewhat awake and attentive when listening!

@chdrummer: Thanks!

@TheDude: Sorry you feel that way. I went into the thread with best intentions and the winning candidate did actually get paid at the end of things, so it wasn't entirely a wasted endeavor. I'm not a magician at the end of the day. I was desperate and picked a set of tones that I thought might work with just enough processing, but I was wrong. There is no way for me to reamp here. I live in a shitty little rented house, so until I move out/overseas to a real place and set up shop it's gonna be a lot of 'hai guyz, how do rmp 4 me?'. Well either that or I run into bands actually willing to pay for studio time to do it properly :lol:

Thanks again for all your comments. I really appreciate all the reamp offers too. I'll get around to checking em out, I promise, just give me a bit of time.

Your own opinion of shortcomings asside, this is a really fucking awsome mix Ermz! Seriously, I know how closely you listen to things, but this mix has so much VIBE that I don't think anyone else but you would complain if it was released like this. I've lost count of how many times I've listed to that clip now.
Is this a local production? Mind plugging the band?

I think the tone you've gotten with impulses is better than what most people, including myself, has reamped. Do you have any idea to exactly what settings you want on the amp or any ideas about mic position. Also, for that matter, you have the PREAMP tracks from the 5150, correct? If you sent those to me, I could run them through the poweramp of the 5150 and reamp from there.

-Greg

I think the tone you've gotten with impulses is better than what most people, including myself, has reamped. Do you have any idea to exactly what settings you want on the amp or any ideas about mic position. Also, for that matter, you have the PREAMP tracks from the 5150, correct? If you sent those to me, I could run them through the poweramp of the 5150 and reamp from there.

-Greg

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I actually intended to give you the preamp files. That might be the way to go!

Basically with my impulse tone I was originally trying to match the End of Heartache tone almost 1:1, but the impulses are inherently too flat to get it right. Plus we didn't quad track and all that (minor detail :p). I'll try to prepare the preamp files for you soon.

That sounds so fuckin tits man, you've got the 'knack'! (to patronisingly sum up hours and hours of hard work in one word :lol: )

as mentioned before the guitars could be a little more in the foreground.
the bassdrum sounds sweet but has no balls,
bass, it's there and not...i miss a little bit more low end,
on the other hand this makes it sound really cleaned up and transparent.

cheers
S.

Yeah sure, I always forget to do that.

They are called Untruth and are a Melbourne band. http://www.myspace.com/untruth1

Listening now. Not bad. Definately a positive that they got you to mix the EP. The sound totally puts them in the league of their influences.

I think I'll just start a tab with you dude. Every release you work on, just get the band to leave a copy with you and I'll pick it up from your place :p