i hate the doors

U2 totally sucks ass, but their first two albums arent that bad. Seriously... I bet none of you have heard them. Don't get me wrong though, I hate U2.

The Doors... some of it is genius, some of it is total garbage.

The Beatles... damn, just listen to their mid-era music. Sgt. Pepper's, genius.

i actually loathe sgt. peppers :lol: with the exceptions of a day in the life and within you without you...so much of it sounds so, so trite and cutesy. i would in fact probably rank this as most overrated in their discography....err, um, imho. hehe.

i would say that it isn't an oxymoron to rank the beatles as most overrated even if they *are* the greatest rock band ever (personally i don't think you can fairly pick just one band but in this case so many people do...), considering how frequently people attribute to them inflated qualities outside the scope of musical ability...again, no question that they were extremely talented and influential, but they've been utterly deified by the press and popular opinion in general.

just a lil devil's advocate :saint:

After a quick search, I found this to be the most appropriate thread to bump.

What the fuck is Bono smoking?!? :erk:

Elvis the white my pals
ate Burger King
and kept getting bigger

This is somebody he admires?!?!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6279490.ece

U2
icon13.gif

hahaha Matt(Portland) did you know I love you? I fucking hate all these bands with a passion.

Has anyone ever noticed the ending lyrics to Rolling Stones "Start Me Up"?

You, you, you make a grown man cry
You, you make a dead man cum
You, you make a dead man cum

Seriously wtf?!? These hacks make millions churning out 2 chord ditties with lyrics that would make EverLostinDeadEternity cringe in anguish. You make a dead man want to re-animate himself and go on a killing spree. Come to think of it, Mick Jagger is that re-animated dead man. Our ears are the fallen. :erk:

Coming up soon here Down Under is a special tour showcasing the Beatles' White Album, in its entirety, as performed by members of well-known Australian bands (Chris Cheney of The Living End, Phil Jamieson of Grinspoom, Tim Rogers of You Am I, and Josh Pyke of Josh Pyke), with a 12 piece band. This should be pretty good and in Melbourne is taking place at Hamer Hall, a truly fantastic venue. I'm so there.