I hate to say this but

Opeth's live repertoire is different - they have to arrange each song down so it's playable, and full-sounding by only 4 instruments (plus effects).

ie: Moonlapse Vertigo has something like 7 guitars in it, and Mikael was never happy with the way it sounded live. If you up and requested Under the Weeping Moon, the likelihood that they'd have arranged it, or that the new(er) members even know how to play it, is pretty slim.

I think their pre-set set lists is a way of saying "this is what we want you to experience tonight" - nothing wrong with that. You know anything they play will be first-rate, so why complain?

my $0.02. I see them tomorrow for the first time.

God damn a lot of Opeth fans are annoying

When someone shouted Slayer she said "We're a little different from Slayer" so I said "Yeah, you're gay and Slayer's not!" hah.

looks like it.

and don't fans shout out song titles at just about every concert of every band you'll go to? I haven't been to a concert where people didn't shout for the songs they wanted -- and most of the time people realize they're not getting it, too.

Originally posted by dolphz
What is wrong with you people??

I always enjoy going to underground metal shows because everyone is welcome, anyone can fit in.

You guys are more than a little elitist if you feel that someone doesn't belong at a show because of the way he/she looks. And to say it actually BOTHERED you?? Wow.

Where's the open minded acceptance of other metal fans, regardless of their apperance or dress?

yea buddy i am with you on this one, i mean i dress preppy american eagle, some oldnavy that kinda stuff, and i get so many really weird looks at shows, and people coming up to me being like your not a real fan, i'm like fuck you at least i can be my own person and dont have social constraints that dictate to me how to dress or act, when the real truth of the matter is that most of the time i know more about the bands than the people saying that shit, and yes shouting for the song is pretty stupid i mean what ever floats your boat, but i know i wouldnt change my set list because a few people shout for a certain song, especially when like someone said that they have to arrange their songs to be played live because of the guitar layering on the albums i mean screw that