I HAVE IT

You know my friend has one of those laying around, I should fuck with it haha. Is that with impulses or what are you doing to the signal from the pedal?

Like I said if you know it, you barely need to listen to clip to guess what it is. :lol:

And that EMG crack was GOLD!

This is just the pedal, going through my SansAmp (in bypass mode, so it's just a big linebox) into impulses. Very mild eq to add some high end I lost with the impulse. It actually sounds kinda cool just on it's own though.

I've been looking for one of these in good shape for the better part of 9 months now, and I finally found one last week. Finished the deal this weekend, got it today. I'm actually pretty sure that I will get some more of these, since they are out of prod and I might want to bring 'em out to gigs and on the road. We'll see though, I absolutely love this sound but that doesn't mean that it's going to suit my music though!

I was kinda nervous when I went to plug it in for the first time, since I just listened to tons of albums that used it and I now realised that I had no idea of what to expect it sound like on it's own. However, I just plugged it in and turned all the knobs all the way up, and with the first open powerchord I was in oldschool DM heaven.

Yeah I need to get my friend's ASAP! Haha, I love that old school DM tone and I think I may even use the HM-2 for my DM project. Thanks for the info :)

Yeah I need to get my friend's ASAP! Haha, I love that old school DM tone and I think I may even use the HM-2 for my DM project. Thanks for the info :)

Most definently do that. It is bound to kick ass. I just wish I had a decent half stack to run it through, running it through the SansAmp at the minute is pretty good, but it doesn't bring out the fullness of the pedal. Ah who gives a fuck, no matter what you run it through it still sounds like a broken down chainsaw grinding through a pile of corpses, in a fuzzy kind of way. Absolutely wonderful.

EDIT: Unicorn, what rig are you running yours through?

was looking for one, too.....until I found my old MetalZone and put it in front of the Recto through g12t-57 speakers....now that is oldschool DM heaven....the Florida side though....now I still need the HM2 for the Scandinavian style ;)

Exactly, there is a huge difference when talking the 'oldschool DM sound' depending on where you're from! :lol: I'm looking into getting a rig like that too, however the HM-2 was way cheaper. :p

EDIT: Unicorn, what rig are you running yours through?

For that Like Fire cover I just played it directly in the Fireface and put some impulse speaker on it.
But I have the feeling no matter in which amp you plug it, the buzzsaw sound will always survive ;)

@Lasse
Oh that MetalZone gives the old Florida DM sound?
I think I need one then.

Yeah i found one on Ebay a few years back in mint condition. I got mine to add some grit to bass guitar. Cant take credit for the idea though.

here's a recording I did with the MT-1 (not finished yet..roughmix)

http://lsd-tonstudio.de/sonstiges/TheSkinner.mp3

That's brutal. I like the bass. I think for an even more oldschool result you would need to cut out some mids in a crazy way. But I can understand if you don't want to do that ;)
I think of the first Suffocation album. Some serious scooped mids going on there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BY2mr8ewLg&feature=related[/ame]

:lol: I texted my friend to see if he still had his HM-2 and he said he would look for it. Then he calls me like an hour later and says he found it and happened to be going to the area where I work. Well, czech it out:

hm2.jpg

:D