I just can't get over Heir Apparent's outro

I think if they add a lead part on that outro, it would be better?

Erm, there is a lead part in the outro, that's what makes it sound so sweet!

I agree that the outro doesn't sound like part of the song, but is that a problem? It's an unexpected change, and the riff OWNS!

I think the ending is great and it gives me a strong emotion when I hear it... like a very SAD ending..
Maybe when we get the lyrics it will make more sense, like a story that has a sad ending and then comes the sad outro...
So far it's hard to understand them, at least according to the youtube version from the melloboat.

I definitely have the reaction of wanting to skip the outro on Heir Apparent. The song is surely one of my favorite on the new album but it just feels so complete and awesome after that huge buildup and release at the "end". The last riff does remind me a lot of the outro to Demon of the Fall but I think that song did it better because there wasn't a huge feeling of completeness right before the riff played, if that makes sense. I think it's one of those riffs that will grow on me, and probably the other people it feels awkward too, over time.

I definitely do not want to skip this part. It's one of the highlights of the song, and not disconnected in a musical sense.

Basically i think this albulm is a mosh album, not a sit back, ananlize, and listen albulm like the others before it.

If only you knew my friend, if only you knew. This is probably their least "mosh" album. It is probably their most oldschool progressive album, and not being a full fledged metalhead anymore I absolutely love it. Seems like just when I am really getting into 70s progressive rock this album happens and holy fack. There are definitely going to be people who don't like it because its not as heavy as past albums for the most part, but if you want to hear that again then listen to the older albums. Or maybe throw in some Metallica and see how a band evolves into shittier and shittier music then you will really appreciate Opeths always changing yet always amazing songs.

Basically this album is going to take some time to get used to for a lot of people, like usual. But unlike past albums I find that I this grew on me after a matter of days, not weeks.

When I listened to the bootlegs from the Melloboat show I thought that the song was ok, but after seeing it live on Saturday it was deffinitly more kick ass. I actually forgot about the ending completly until I saw it live and I was totally overjoyed when I heard it.

As far as the disjointed comment goes, I remember on Guitar.com when Opeth were showing how to play The Drapery Falls, Mikael said that they pretty much hate predictable music so I think this riff falls under the catagory of being unpredictable and that may be a reason for them putting it in there.

I think this time Opeth have taken a new leap in a different direction. They're toning down the metal in favor of the prog rock, and this is probably going to be the largest leap since. The problem with fans like me is that we started loving them for what they were back then, a death metal band with heavy prog influences. We called that Opeth. Now from what I've heard of the new album I think it would be more appropriate to say that they sound more like a prog rock band with death metal influences, than vice versa. Hence all the "this is not Opeth anymore" comments. It's a natural response. As such, the reason why I (and others like me) listened to Opeth does not exist anymore. Not that they aren't good anymore, the new music is fantastic for whoever likes older prog with a tinge of metal. But simply stated, you can't expect the tastes of the fans to remain in phase with those of Mikael Akerfeldt or anyone else of the band's members.