Burden - stunning song!

Yeah OP has just summed up anything that could be said about this song.

This song feels like God composed it and angels sang it. It is that beautiful.

Thank you Opeth, this is the best mellow Opeth song and probably the best Opeth song for me.

Any singers out there?

Wondering if anyone knows the technique of altering the tone right at the end of the note the way Mike does several times in Burden as well as in many other songs of the last two albums (specially Beneath the Mire). If there is any technique to it, that is. Does it have a name? I can't freakin pull it of, it just sounds silly and not right when I try.

The singer from In Flames started doing it a few years ago, but he sucks at it :erk: He even does it when he's just screaming to the crowd, gets annoying after a while

Last edited by a moderator:
^ hoho you're a fuckin burden for everyone around you.

^^ Anders Fridén is so awesome live! seen em three times just for the sake of it.

Anders Friden was great a couple of years ago. Now he turned into a total whore. Seriously. I don't have anything against homosexuality, but he really looks gay. His older lyrics were also so damn better (like complete non-sense) now it's just gay lamentations and emo fag rebelion.

Nah, I think Burden is one of their most weakest songs to date though not necessarily by means of songwriting but it lacks the atmosphere peculiar to them. Also, Mikael's vocals fail to please me as he doesn't sound himself that much. Though he's a better singer these days by technique, I still miss his BWP-era expression.

^ hoho you're a fuckin burden for everyone around you.

^^ Anders Fridén is so awesome live! seen em three times just for the sake of it.

I seriously hope you're joking. I've seen them live three times, one was good, the other one I was drunk so can't tell, the third (latest) was horrible. He seriously cant sing anymore (he "talked" during satelites and astronauts) and not really scream either, the video posted earlier in this thread proves both of these facts.

I sincerely apologize if I didn't catch your irony. Anders Fridén is a useless singer now...:erk: