I just wanted to say I am goddamned PROUD of this community!

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
We can talk about Barry Manilow without bitching at each other and recommend the coolest metal on the planet.

Do you realize how special that is? I am proud of every regular, member and of the newbies that adapted smoothly in here!

You people RULE!! :headbang::headbang:

I just wish I could meet you all on a UMOS gathering! Thats would kick sooo much as!! BBQ + Metal + cool people = BIG party!!

Hawk said:
We can talk about Barry Manilow without bitching at each other and recommend the coolest metal on the planet.

Do you realize how special that is? I am proud of every regular, member and of the newbies that adapted smoothly in here!

Agreed! Take a little credit for yourself too. You laid the groundwork and keep out the riff-raff. I'm grateful for a place where I can come and feel assured that there's not going to be any flame wars and bullcrap. That's to your credit. You rock. :headbang:

Hawk said:
I just wish I could meet you all on a UMOS gathering! Thats would kick sooo much as!! BBQ + Metal + cool people = BIG party!!

That would be really cool. What would a central meeting place be? Gibralter? The Canary Islands? Further West? Jamaica sounds cool. :D

Hawk said:

yeah, I like how things go around here... you can throw a very impopular opinion (aka I love Avenged Sevenfold or I hate Dream Theater) and yet be respected... :)

I don't know if you count me in the "good posters" (being fairly new to this community) but there's no doubt I found here the nicest metal forum for an open-minded music lover like me... :D :headbang:

as for the big party, what about a Metal Full Moon Party on an island in Southern Thailand ? :Smug:

Yeah, good thing about this board is that it isn't assholish and full of bad attempts at trolling. We just most of the time talk about metal :).

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Ok Hawk.... step away from the Beer and let us have some of it or all of it... hehehe :loco:

You can have all of it since I almost never drink beer! Apart from an occasional white beer that is. But thats MINE!!! You keep away from it!! :loco:

Hawk said:
Hey buddy, you recieved the books that you ordered yet?

Nope! Amazon likes to hold your stuff hostage for a couple weeks if you choose free shipping. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to shipping costs so I get to wait. :erk:

Wheezer said:
Agr The Canary Islands? :D

That will be awsome as a matter of fact :hotjump:

UMOS (and I had said many times) is an oasis of sanity in a world of demented forums full of trolls and kult psychos.

Like Hawk said (and he has helped a lot since his appointment enforcing it) we can discuss from Barry Manilow :yuk: to Impaled Nzarene without getting each other eyes off.

We love our music and we respect the rest taste, almost all of us can even have an intelligent discussion more than 5 posts in a row :p

A toast to UMOS
e030.gif

Dodens Grav said:
I don't see the point in going to message boards with the objective of pissing people off.

Generaly a lot of factors:
  • inferiority complex
  • social inequadecy
  • tormented childhood
  • hormonal imbalance
  • sexual disfunction
  • total lack of brain...:heh:
and above all lack of "balls" to go and fight bravely, so hidding behind a keyboard an insulting people is their way of feeling "macho" IMO.

Wyvern said:
UMOS (and I had said many times) is an oasis of sanity in a world of demented forums full of trolls and kult psychos.
:headbang:

Wyvern said:
and above all lack of "balls" to go and fight bravely, so hidding behind a keyboard an insulting people is their way of feeling "macho" IMO.
Yup, trying to be mean = lack of arguments.

Hawk said:
I was thinking Japan myself :lol:

If it was in Japan, and I made it there, I'd probably miss the party because I'd be at the music store buying CDs with Japan bonus tracks! :D