I love it when cubase crashes. It makes me happy.

It's always when I am editing midi. Just decides to hang indefinitely.

Glad I lost 20 mins of my life. What a great piece of software.

You can use the auto save function and have it backup every 1 min or 2 mins etc. whatever you can set your timeframe and number of backup files

Time for a new system? A friend has a 12" Powerbook G4 and I can't see that running any semi-demanding programs without shitting itself, eventhough he only has 512mb RAM. Also... you've probably got 1280mb RAM, rather than 1256, no?

I always hate the moment when I've composed some midi stuff with VST automation. When you copypaste it to another location, Cubase SX3 crashes *EVERY* time. Luckily it's not a hard crash and you get to save the project to a new file (in fact, Cubase does not allow you to save it to the current file). Then it crashes away...

hahahah! think at this....yesterday I recorded some tracks of drum, play this tracks in a cicle mode and bumpt!nuendo 4 crashed on my osx system!
This is a problem of the program....now I waiting for an update!

I am getting a new system come school time in late January. But still this is definitly a software issue the cpu meter was WAY the fuck down I was barely running anything.

Oh and it would crash even when I didn't have the midi out set (and no VSTi's turned on).

So basically a programer error.

But all well anyhow. Maybe I will just upgrade to studio 4 when I buy a new mac.

Heh - I've had a couple of problems with SX3 before, when I'd switch between open projects and the whole system would reset itself just like that. I couldn't figure out exactly why, and I'm still not sure now, although after defragging the hard drive it seemed to solve the problem. Since then it's only occurred once or twice, and never again since I've made a point of running a defrag before and after every time I use the computer.

It's a shame, because other than a couple of nagging faults like this, I find Cubase great to work with.

...if you can bear with the fact that the GUI looks like it was done by a fourteen-year-old on acid ;)

No harm intended, I do believe SAW is friggin' powerful compared to Cubase and it's friends, but I can't get over the awful graphics :)

How a Daw looks isn't my primary concern. Usually, I'm a little more concerned with what comes out of the speakers.

:heh:

You can re-skin it though. There's lots of cool ones floating around.

How a Daw looks isn't my primary concern. Usually, I'm a little more concerned with what comes out of the speakers.

Haha, true. But then again, I find myself working more efficiently if I like the interface. Wasn't aware of the skinning possibility, though, so I'm pretty much pwned ;)

Could you post any screens of the skins?

What's the main reason(s) you choose SAW studio? You're the only person that I know of that uses it.