Selling out......make me want to buy cubase

Dude for real you need Skype or something so I can run you through Reaper. If you install Reaper using my preferences file and Keymap, you will know it almost as well as you know Pro Tools instantly. I have almost everything mapped to be as identical as possible, I switch between the two all of the time and never slip up on key commands or anything.

This is Reaper, look familiar? ;)

mtool.gif

I've been meaning to demo reaper for a while now. I'm sick of PTs lack of slip editing. Your vid has certainly sparked my interest again.

Yeah, please post them! I've gotten so used to PT because of school that being able to do similar editing would be killer. I love Logic for mixing and writing plus the electronic stuff I do, but for editing I just feel it isn't quite my thing.

Too bad that the last project I tried to do with Reaper crashed over 10 times, I don't know if it was just because the OSX version isn't quite stable yet or something (only non-Reaper plugin I used was LAConvolver with Bricasti impulses). That, and it was just 12 tracks of audio. I never finished it in Reaper despite spending almost a whole day in total on it, and after I switched over to Logic, I finished it in about 4 hours.

Also, what theme is that?

thats definately interesting
im working on HD pretty much all the time now so...
not THAT interesting

Adam you should show people how to set reaper to act like PT because it seems really interesting.

By the way, does it end so close to PT that you can even use a PT layout on your keyboard ?

I'm actually getting interested in Reaper too actually! I was looking to get Cubase Studio 5 for a project I got this summer, but fuck it reaper does seem the way to go especially at 1/4 the price.

I will post a new thread with all of that shit today, it's going to take me an hour or 2 to get it all organized and sorted out though. There are a couple of files you will need to copy over and stuff to get my preferences. Will start putting it together now.

Dude for real you need Skype or something so I can run you through Reaper. If you install Reaper using my preferences file and Keymap, you will know it almost as well as you know Pro Tools instantly. I have almost everything mapped to be as identical as possible, I switch between the two all of the time and never slip up on key commands or anything.

This is Reaper, look familiar? ;)

mtool.gif

Cubase guys, I know this is possible in Cubase, but I've never done it. If I have to move vocal lines in the manner of the animation above, I do it in VariAudio. How do you do it like this Reaper pic shows?

What is this called?

*editing noob*

I think he means the time stretching, maybe? Not sure.

Yeah, the time stretching. I can slip edit with ease, and I can time stretch in Cubase, but I've only done it when I am in the Variaudio window, not direct on the waveform like you are in Reaper in your vid. I also know how to time stretch from the drop down menu (audio>process>time stretch), just don't know how to click and drag.

I just wondered if there was a quick answer to say how you do it in Cubase 5 direct on the waveform (if possible). I'm not at my studio, so I can't fire it up to see...I'm at work.