Motorpsycho (hail!!), Seigmen (hail!!!), Muse, Radiohead,
Madrugada (yeah I just put some of those rock bands under the
'alternative umbrella now') and such. Bands I can listen to as well
without throwing up. And we really had a good time listening to
the bands we have in common.. I played some Opeth and stuff,
and even forged a new Death fan.

Anyhow, now I really feel the urge to make a metal friend, a
black/death metal friend - so tired of going to concerts alone etc
as well (even though I haven't attended many lately, though).
It's so boring before and after concerts when u're alone.. grrr.

Well, at east I have the memories of good old times left :headbang:

i have two metal friends, and one of them is turning softpunk/altrock.

(hint: lately, all he's been buying is weezer and afi cd's..... blech! he gets annoyed whenever i play anything metalish in the car)

luckily, the other one and i have almost the exact same musical taste.

Yeah, it´s vital that a metal man has metal friends. I get pretty much frustrated if I have not anyone to play my newest metal CDs and so on...Yes, having beer and listening good music, playing it (after having drinked 3 six packs) is most fun...Luckily I have this kind of friends, actually some are from here, UM Opeth forum!

Originally posted by saturnix
i have two metal friends, and one of them is turning softpunk/altrock.

(hint: lately, all he's been buying is weezer and afi cd's..... blech! he gets annoyed whenever i play anything metalish in the car)

luckily, the other one and i have almost the exact same musical taste.

It´s hard to say the number of "metal friends" I have, maybe seven. The number isn´t the most important thing. Be happy that you have at least one. :)

I have one who I see maybe a couple of times a year. We live about 3 hours from each other. Once in a while he'll come up and go to a concert with me. We'll talk on the phone every so often and talk about CD's we purchased or "have you heard this band" and just talk about music mostly. I've been getting into a lot less well known music, I mean like stuff you can't find in the stores...music you have to order and I'll record the music and send it to him. I can tell what songs he will like. He got me into a lot of bands during college so I'm just returning the favor.
It sucks going to concerts by yourself, but I've had some luck meeting people. I think I mentioned that Aug. 4th I met these two girls who are good friends with Tommy Skeoch of Tesla and I got to meet the band. I should be getting the pictures through e-mail one of these days. I'll see if I can post them here.

I always manage to play some good stuff at parties.. and I have a
friend that is really tolerant, which is great.. he asks me to put on
some heavy now and then.. it's not his kind, but I have a strong
feeling he is fascinated by it... I played The Scorn Torrent by
Satyricon and everyone who's familiar with that would know there
is a 3 minute ending there with some of the most intense shit u
ever heard! (PM me if u wanna have it :D )
Ppl were just sitting there with their mouths open.. what a great
feeling :lol:

I'm lucky that I'm surrounded by friends who are into 'alternative' lifestyles, music, etc...So on any given day I can go to a friends house and listen to metal or punk or anything really...I've learned about a lot of good music from my friends....

I have no metal friends. They come rare in my area (at least I think so). I know one guy who got me into metal, but he doesn't really like me... but, oh well. I've never been to a real concert, but I've been to the local high school crap with my brother (all the punk crap). I'm also going to this Death Across America concert on the 21st (I hope) to support a local band that's pretty kick ass (even though the guys are like 10 years older than me and I only know the lead singer from FYE). Where exactly do you find these people? I'm gettting really tired of everyone in my grade for their music, immaturity, and shit like that. I'm hoping it will be better next year... maybe I'll meet someone older at the concert who can drive me places :))). But, for now... I'll just sit in my room and annoy my parents with my music and my antisocial ways.

i have one friend who agrees with me in all the music i listen to, and enjoys just as much as i do, and that is kosher. legolas is metal friend i have, but his taste is a little weird, he likes the really gay stuff like Micheal Jackson, Eminem, and he appreciates some gay rock. Gandlaf is a cloaser to my taste, but i think he has a nu-metalish influence. and those r my only metal friends, and i dont hang out much with anyone else.

Originally posted by Lordenlil
yes, I do miss the old days when it comes to spending time with my
metal friends. It was so great when we could sit down have some
beers and just listen to and discuss metal! The closest I've come to
this after ppl (and myself) moved away is this cool dude I got to
know better this summer. He likes alternative stuff - like
Motorpsycho (hail!!), Seigmen (hail!!!), Muse, Radiohead,
Madrugada (yeah I just put some of those rock bands under the
'alternative umbrella now') and such. Bands I can listen to as well
without throwing up. And we really had a good time listening to
the bands we have in common.. I played some Opeth and stuff,
and even forged a new Death fan.

Anyhow, now I really feel the urge to make a metal friend, a
black/death metal friend - so tired of going to concerts alone etc
as well (even though I haven't attended many lately, though).
It's so boring before and after concerts when u're alone.. grrr.

Well, at east I have the memories of good old times left :headbang:

motorpsycho, seigmen, muse and radiohead rules but i don't like madrugada... and lordie, you'll go to the moshfest with ME! :D