I need a new job like you read about...

All I need is a chili spoon (carved from a bigger spoon) and a doughnut pillow, then I'll be ridin' the Pork-Chop Express from Fremont to Mexicali, 8 days a week!

I think when I hit 40 I'm going to get a nice, safe, mindless union job so that I can go back to hating daily life and waiting for retirement at 60. Feels like I soon need to quit the music bullshit, almost as if that wild-eyed eight-foot-tall maniac has grabbed my neck, tapped the back of my favorite head up against the barroom wall, looked me crooked in the eye and asked me if I paid my dues. The time is nigh to stare that big sucker right back in the eye and say: "Have I paid my dues? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Stick with it, and in about 10 years start releasing increasingly bizarre ambient tracks as you fade serenely into senility.

Hey what was the name of that other band you played in for a while? You sent me some files that I cant find anymore and its driving me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn! thats pretty interesting. you should feel honored! if they actually ripped off your riff, it was probably Josh Homme who though it was good enough to use! :lol:

i have listened to that album probably 50 times more than i ever needed to… my girlfriend is always spinning it in her car. she doesn't like it very much either, we are just too lazy to refill the 6-CD changer. definitely some great moments, such as-

Always loved that song, but the rest of the album is pretty weak IMO. There's nothing very memorable, although I totally dig the overall production that they achieved.

I used to go see this meditation counselor who was an extremely relaxed gentleman. He always seemed like the most peaceful man on Earth, but during one session he started talking about this band he used to play keys for. He said they sent a copy to Brian Adams, who apparently straight-up stole an entire song and put it on his next album. "Ruined our LIVES!" This guy looked like he was going to put his fist through the wall… it was mildly terrifying.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Yes! Send me that damn cd, Ill paypal you the postage and some extra because I really dug those songs. Or at least give me a link to download the stuff again. Now that you mention it I do remember you asking for my address year(s) ago to send me that cd :lol:

got another stolen song: dude in this metal band i was briefly in about 12 years ago told me about this other san jose black metal band they knew Lords of the Manor, who sent their demo to Sum 41 (probably mostly as a joke) after they blew up with that silly Fat Lip song, because they were always talking about how they love metal etc. then a year later the main riff from their next single, their 2nd big hit Still Waiting, was a total rip off of the main riff of the first song off their demo. he played it for me, and it was totally the same melody haha.

moral of these stories is probably dont sent your unsolicited, uncopyrighted demos to famous musicians. cause on purpose or not, your catchy riff shall be assimilated. good luck taking on Sony's legal team

hahaha god damn richers taking all the po' people riffs! Stupid creative Borg.

Refraction, send me your current address, and I'll totally ship you the CD this time! Probably. Otherwise you can get it here: http://boogeresque.com/Avolition2013.zip

Seriously though, Them Crooked Vultures was cool for about 3 weeks. I keep all my CDs incredibly organized, and I haven't seen that one for years, because I just don't give a fuck about it at all. My grumpy old man story about how they hosed us gets dusted off about once a year though!

EDIT:

Screen%20shot%202015-03-03%20at%2011.18.36%20PM_zpspgpo6luc.png

Pretty fly band photo, hey? Check out the size of my pants, I gave even less of a fuck about life back then than I do today! Also, I had forgotten about my guitarist's rig, that giant red cab was free because somebody else put it out to the curb on trash day. It wasn't some cool find, gift, or refurbish-in-waiting, nope. Garbage plain and simple, but he plugged it in, and it worked. It attended every single gig and rehearsal for several years, our veritable beacon of hope. After the band broke up the cab was thrown away by my drummer's wife. And the circle of life continues...

it was doomed from the start. you can see the guitar player giving you the sideways eyes, he was obviously suffering from extreme pedal-envy.