I need a new job like you read about...

He used that DS-1 until I gave him some pedal I bought from Poland that he liked better. It had two knobs, one toggle, no label, no name. Cool. I haven't talked to him in ages, he was a carpenter in Santa Rosa last I knew, doing some random music production stuff. The drummer and I did a project at one point, bass/drum/vox only, played some shows, and recorded an EP. And that was fucking that!

I'm down to 20 pedals. You believe that shit?

Honestly I wasn't a huge fan of the Whetstone or whatever the hell it was called either. The fuzz stuff is where its at, definitely give the fix'd fuzz deluxe a try if you get the chance.

I'll give them a looksee eventually! I'm selling a shitload of things right now to afford a new bass (and my mortgage), but once that storm passes, or I stop giving a shit about mountains of debt, I'll give one a whirl.

My doom band broke up so I'm even debating selling my giant Bergantino 4x12 cab. I love that thing, but it nearly gives me a hernia every time I move it, so I don't use it anymore. My wee Bag End stack sounds better and louder anyhow, not as deep/thick of course, but [insert more basshit for an hour]...

i greatly enjoy how it looks like i am now disapproving of every post you make

Reactions: NAD
Pinto is now my ever present voice of doubt/reason. I'm hoping my life improves according, but as we all know:

My doom band broke up so I'm even debating selling my giant Bergantino 4x12 cab. I love that thing, but...
Not only did I keep that cab, 5 months after this post I bought a bigger one to gig with because volume > sense.

All good here. I love working night shift. Those pesky things called humans are all sleeping while Im working, so I just jam my toonz all night and get shit done, figuratively and literally.

I'm still working from home. Hopefully that continues. Honestly if my work tells me I need to start going into the office I'll probably leave.

I've been working from home (freelancing) for about 10 months and I dunno. I formerly had regular office jobs for 18 years and was cool with that but right now, would I drag my feet having to work like that again, commuting and all? Probably a bit yeah, but on the other hand talking to real people is all right now and then.

Could be a lot worse. I work for the family business, which is a small manufacturing company. Unfortunately I have to deal with the public on a pretty regular basis. It's not a very spiritually fulfilling job, but I have a lot of freedom to do whatever I want. No one tells me how to do my job and generally everyone leaves me alone. If I need to leave for any reason then I am generally free to do so (for example, we've had dozens of meetings with realtors in the last year). Working with your family has its challenges, but overall I suppose this is a pretty "cushy" job.

I also have a side gig which pulls in a significant amount every month. This company purchases the rights to old record labels (generally obscure pop stuff from the 50's through the 80's) and then digitizes the records. I keep records of the discographies and purchase whatever physical media we need. My friend and his brother in law rip the vinyls and master the tracks. Another guy creates artwork and uploads it to iTunes. It seems to be a pretty profitable business for all involved. My involvement can end at any time without notice, but I'm happy to have the extra cash for as long as it lasts.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
Now is that based on health reasons or just getting too comfortable at home?

Yeah it's nothing to do with health or corona or anything, I just prefer working from home. I had a long commute, so that's the main reason. Less human interaction and sitting in pointless meetings are additional benefits.

Reactions: MFJ
I primarily worked from home for a year but am now very happy to be back in the shoppe. I worked at my dining room table and on top of an amp (standing desk) because I refused to set up a permanent station at home.

Been there over 11 years and still dig it, but still occasionally fantasize about being Jack Burton or Bart the Drifter instead...

...sadly, I don't have the guts for that kind of Freedom®.

I return to work after a 16 day respite tonight. Honestly dreading tf out of it. Place has turned into total shit over the past year specifically. Nothing that's rumored ever gets carried out, and nepotism runs rampant.

Havent got a COLA increase in 5 yrs, got all my OT arse raped, and just tired of the situation overall. Thankfully im sound financially so the extra funds arent need, just appreciated.

To put things into perspective my direct supervisor got the position a year ago because he is chums with the main director. Multiple coworkers put in for the position, most with 15-20 yrs exp. Nope went to director's bud. He's a good guy THANKFULLY, but was an omen for things to come.

Most recently another director's chum got hired into my position. First part time hire in the department, all to accommodate her schedule with her full time job. Im sure shes getting paid a pence as well. Vunt was originally scheduled to work Thu/Fri and every other Sat. Nah bint says she cant swing that and she'll LET US KNOW what works for her. This bitch have Kawhi Leonard's agent? She's also been complaining about insufficient training, despite receiving the exact same training as everyone else. (My days off of Fri/Sat switched back to Thu/Fri on the pretext that this bint needs time to get settled to cover Sat's. Yea that worked out reaaaaaalllly well.)

Aside from that, they tried giving us an entire department's main job function GRATIS without raising our pay a kopeck. Director has a hard on for expanding the department to increase the minions he lord's over. We never see one red fuggin cent. From what I heard these plans may be kiboshed since no one in my position gave two shits to train. Haha good on all them, fuck the man. Pay me bitch.

Anyhow, Im slightly better than I was this morn in my disposition. Just booked a trip to Aruba in 3 months. My game plan is a vacation every 3-4 months just to cope with this mental grind. I got the green, but not the patience, nor the lifespan. Cant wait to fill out that vacay slip tonight, fuck everything.