I need bands like Spiral Architect!!

May have been mentioned, but if your looking for crazy but structured music, the fire is Planet X's new album, Quantum. Not exactly metal-but but plenty of crunchy riffs and jazzy double bass. Very tasteful and technical. I think Derek Sherinian and Virgil Donati showed Rudess and Portnoy up this time around.

Just ordered Paradise Lost... *salivating in anticipation*

"From the past"????? Have you been paying attention? :lol:

Hey Devoraz!

Just saw your reply now.

When I mentioned they were from the past, I meant they made their career in the mid/late 80's through early 90's! Then they were quiet for a long, long time!!

And I know all about the band getting together and your site/forum/etc...I'm registered there!! ;)

I think you would like Twisted Into Form. Close to Spiral Architect as you can get. Anyways sounds like they got there name from Forbidden (old school tech metal).

hi all
it is my 1st post in this forum..
I like everything about Spiral Architect and tech metal
I'm from chile, south america
so, in this thread I found new music about other tech metal's bands, and they're so cool!
listen my own page on myspace: www.myspace.com/zydra it's the page about my music band
enjoy :)

Some or all of these have been said, but I was going to suggest:
Twised Into Form
Theory In Practice
Blotted Science/anything with Ron Jarzombek
Sleep Terror

If you dig really technical stuff, then you might like some technical Death Metal; Necrophagist, Psycroptic and Spawn of Possession, among others.

There is also a band called "Between The Buried And Me". Their newest album "Colors" is supposed to be excellent. Their earlier stuff I'm not a big fan of, but they are certainly worth checking out.

Hey Sorakrist I checked you guys out.

Really good stuff. Riffs/sections that are quite reminiscent of Spiral Architect, and Dream Theater, but nothing you could call a rip-off. Female vocals as well, which actually work quite well most of the time. Good stuff. Standout songs are "9" and "Das Experiment", in my opinion. I think that if you "need bands like Spiral Architect" then these guys would be worth checking out. Not as technical, but I don't think that works against them at all.

here's the URL again in case you can't be arsed scrolling up: www.myspace.com/zydra

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I was looking for some information on spiral architect and i ended up over here:D
Nice to see that members of the band are taking part in forum life:D

Just checked Scale The Summit<== really good music
i can add Dysrhythmia (i think some guys from behold the arctopus play over there) good tech instrumental music pretty original compositions worth listening.
I think Aghora was mentioned over here already:)
MCM - Ritual Factory thats really good as well. instrumental music not metal but tech melodic and has a specific atmosphere I just love how the drummer plays with hi hat:D
Martyr - tech prog metal with good growl