I need bands like Spiral Architect!!

Schraiber

Opeth fanboy
Feb 5, 2002
Hell
Something technical with soaring clean vocals... or just some tech metal with clean vocals!!

The only bands that remotely hit it are Watchtower and SA... ocassionally random songs by Dream Theater or Symphony X, but I'm looking for something that is consistently technical as hell, like SA.

OR...

Spiral Architect should just release a new album... c'mon guys!!!:headbang:

Reactions: Scrawled
They don't have constant clean vocals, but Borknagar is worth checking out if you haven't already.

Spastic Ink as well. The album Ink Compatible has the singer from Watchtower, but honestly I think the instrumental Ink Complete is better.

Reactions: Scrawled
XQ199 said:
did you check out the new twisted into form? also adagio is pretty sick. I could recommend some more if you didn't limit to only clean vocals.

Well, I already know a lot of the tech stuff with growled vocals. Just yesterday I ordered the new Anata and Spawn of Possession from The End :worship:

Clean vocals and tech is kinda hard to come by. Confessor's 'Condemned' isn't "tech", but it's not not tech at the same time. If you can tolerate death vocals try: Necrophagist, Gory Blister's 'Art Bleeds', Spawn of Possession, Atheist, Theory in Practice. Don't forget about Cynic. :)

Not to be confined to clean vocals, i'd suggest you check out the following:

1) Psyopus - Ideas of Reference
2) Alarum - Eventuality

* both bands are technically superior and musically :headbang:
... best comparison would be to Cynic.

3) if you fancy a little something that is all Instrumental, then i truely urge you to check out any of Canvas Solaris's 3 albums.... my personal favorite is the first album: Spatial/Design... really intrancing, yet sickening music !!!

cheers mate :kickass: !!!

3) if you fancy a little something that is all Instrumental, then i truely urge you to check out any of Canvas Solaris's 3 albums.... my personal favorite is the first album: Spatial/Design... really intrancing, yet sickening music !!!

Major emphasis on this statement.

Their next album is already complete, so it'll probably be out sometime near the beginning of '07.. I think all 3 of their albums have been released in January in 1 year intervals... They've also already started working on the album after that. amazing musicians. I can't wait to hear Pirlot's style and playing.

Cea Serin is great too.

Not really over the top in technicality, but check out Simone Fiorletta. He's an amazing guitar player and his music goes into jazzy tech metal territory at times. Instrumental, so no vocals.

Their next album is already complete, so it'll probably be out sometime near the beginning of '07...

wow !! that is great news... and i had no idea... so quick these guys !!!
thanks for sharing that bit of information.
i'll definately be looking forward to this album :cool:
... but wait, who's Pirlot ??!! a new member has joined CS ?! or replaced !?
...cause i have not heard anything about this matter :err:

ps: just to correct one statement, the 3 Canvas Solaris albums were released in 2003, 2004, and 2006 respectively... well i just saw that on the back of each CD !! ... actually, Spatial/Design doesn't state the year of release :OP, but liner notes in the cover state that it was recorded between December 18 and 22, 2002.

wow !! that is great news... and i had no idea... so quick these guys !!!
thanks for sharing that bit of information.
i'll definately be looking forward to this album :cool:
... but wait, who's Pirlot ??!! a new member has joined CS ?! or replaced !?
...cause i have not heard anything about this matter :err:

ps: just to correct one statement, the 3 Canvas Solaris albums were released in 2003, 2004, and 2006 respectively... well i just saw that on the back of each CD !! ... actually, Spatial/Design doesn't state the year of release :OP, but liner notes in the cover state that it was recorded between December 18 and 22, 2002.

You're welcome. and Gael Pirlot is the new bassist. Ben had to leave a little while ago. Did you know Ben was the main writer of Vaihayasa? I love that song so damn much. Anyways he left because of "personal reasons" I think.

And you're right, I must have been thinking that it was recorded, not released, in 1 year intervals (with Dec. being only 1 month away from Jan. so.. kinda same thing :p- S/D in Dec 2002, Sub in Jan 2004, PD in Jan 2005,) and the next album was recorded even before Penumbra came out. I remember they had that on their old site before they had their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/canvassolaris

And here are some Live videos. Yes, live videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdZUMor8LCA
Psychotropic Resonance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODWgWvWs1t8
Patterns Spiral Into Swarm. Yes, new song. :D well, part of new song.