I Need Some Reccomendations

Worst thing I've ever watched was that beheading by Islamists with the guy crying out for his mother as they hack at his neck. Psychologically disturbed me and I've not watched anything extreme since. Kinda glad I didn't have personal access to the Internet growing up, I missed the whole seeking out extreme violence thing that a lot of people seemed to have engaged in.

Also I agree with Phy, anybody who participates in zoosadism should fucking die.

When the first response literally covers the majority of ground for a beginner metalhead, what else are we supposed to recommend? The shit you guys mention sounds genuinely disturbing though. The last thing I watched that I was disturbed by was that video of a black guy getting shot to death in the chest when he had an altercation with some white guy who was yelling at his girlfriend in a convenience store parking lot. He got shot, ran back to the store, and dropped. I think it was Ozz who posted about it or it was somebody in reply to gun violence, idk. Seeing people get genuinely killed on video is just fucked up.

what else are we supposed to recommend?

Black Label Society
Trivium
First 3 Devildriver albums
First two Avenged Sevenfold
Bolt Thrower past Realm of Chaos
Dio - Holy Diver
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Queensryche - Everything up through and including Empire
Everything Spellcaster put out

Stuff like that

Yeah it's gotta be said the mood/subject matter of this thread was pretty wholesome & family friendly up until Ozzman posted those recommendations. Absolutely heinous stuff, bro, way to cross the line. I doubt I'll be able to ever unsee that as long as I live.

The thing about Dream Theater is for every cool sounding/bad ass section of music they write, they surround it with about 20 different gay sounding sections.

Black Label Society
Trivium
First 3 Devildriver albums
First two Avenged Sevenfold
Bolt Thrower past Realm of Chaos
Dio - Holy Diver
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Queensryche - Everything up through and including Empire
Everything Spellcaster put out

Stuff like that

Aside from Bolt Thrower (he recommended one of their fucking albums but pretty much anything from them is recommendable), Dio, and maybe that Dream Theater album for the unrepresented prog, literally everything from CF's first post is better. And a really hard no on anything Avenged Sevenfold for fucks sake. If im going along with your recs, ill say Children of Bodom - Hatecrew Deathroll, In Flames - Reroute to Remain (gay), but I wont. Good metal exists, why recommend derivative horseshit?

Would help to know what the OP has already listened to and has liked already. Maybe they already got shit recs like yours and think everything sounds like Trivium.

As for Dream Theater, they are alright, if not great depending on the album. It isnt really what I default to when recommending metal, but Images & Words, Awake, and maybe Metropolis pt2 are worth listening to.

If you want to recommend something unexpected, should've went with When Dream and Day Unite.

Anyway I recommend this masterpiece with all my heart and soul.

Think I may have already said this in another post but "The Mirror" from DT's Awake album kicks some major ass.

Reactions: Pillow Smurf
If you want to recommend something unexpected, should've went with When Dream and Day Unite.

Not sure if you are talking to me, but nah. WDaDU is kind of a more tough DT album to get into, and if you dont like Images & Words or Awake, why bother?

Anyway I recommend this masterpiece with all my heart and soul.

Unexpected yes, but only because it fucking sucks.

Reactions: Sirjack