I plan on making a reamp package, any suggestions?

ParsonsMatt

Alas, Tyranny
Nov 15, 2006
Athens, GA
www.myspace.com
Here's the impulse chain:

VHT 2/90/2 -> Avatar 412 w/ CL80

So far I was making impulses with these variables:

Mic ( SM57, e906, AT2020 [only for a few] )
Distance from speaker
Distance from center
Angle
Power amp presence settings
Power amp depth settings
Voicing on/off

Any other ideas?

Hey, easy Jeff, I'll take all the impulses I can get, and I for one appreciate it Matt! Looks like a good list of variables to me! :) I'd also suggest some multi-mic impulses (you'd record the test tone playing through both mics simultaneously, then bounce each of their tracks together to make one combined one (and different ratios in the mix between the two mics would be cool as well!)

You mean like... a less evolved version of Recabinet?

Yeah, except these are just free impulses... mainly for my use, that I'll be sharing with everyone.

Hey, easy Jeff, I'll take all the impulses I can get, and I for one appreciate it Matt! Looks like a good list of variables to me! :) I'd also suggest some multi-mic impulses (you'd record the test tone playing through both mics simultaneously, then bounce each of their tracks together to make one combined one (and different ratios in the mix between the two mics would be cool as well!)

Multi mic impulses I think would best be implemented by having two tracks, with the same preamp signal copied. Then use a different impulse on each track.