Dimitri – Serge’s friend whom I met last COB concert

Vadim – Another of Serge’s friend’s whom I also met at the last COB concert

Victor – Dimitri’s friend

Main Roadie – Cob’s Main Roadie

Arnold – Evergreys Sound guy

Tom Englund – Singer/Guitarist of Evergrey

Henrik Danhage –Guitarist of Evergrey

Jonas Ekdahl – Drums of Evergrey

It all started on a dark on stormy night (seriously, it fucking snowed), and Iced Earth was just starting Gettysburg, so Serge, Vadim, Dimitri, and Victor had some time to kill. We went to the front of the venue, and started figuring out who went where with who . . . Vadim’s car was waaaaay far away, and he needed a ride. So when the show is finally over, we leave and start heading down the streets past Wendy’s, past another music venue, and down that side street. Dimitri was leading us, but soon after we turned down the street, me and serge piped up “where the fuck are we going.” “to Bobs car, you dill hole” replied Dimitri. “Too bad my car is back there and on the other side of the street,” I stated. So we turn around and head to my car, and, Dimitri and Co. pass it. So I start yelling, “HEY, MY CAR IS RIGHT HERE.” So we all get in and we go find Dimitri’s car. After that we drive to the bus area where COB and Evergrey’s bus is. I see Arnold, and try and get some beer, but this fucking town stops selling beer at 12 AM!!!! L So Dimitri, Vadim, Victor, and Serge start leaving, and Dimitri hits a curb, pretty hard from what I hear. They want to go get Vadim’s car, and get something to eat. So they leave. So I call Jeanne because she told me to give Alexi a message from her. As I’m talking to her the bus starts backing out, leaving Arnold behind. I ask him “hey are they leaving you” he says “I don’t know man, I hope not.” I started up again, “Are they gonna come out, I have a message for Alexi from a friend of mine.” “Oh yeah, from who.” So I describe Jeanne as best as I can, and then I end up handing the phone to him. So they are talking for a while, and the bus goes down the street and turns “oh my shit . . . My fucking bus is leaving me” cried Arnold. But not to worry, it was merely turning around, going to the front of the venue to load up all the equipment. I walk back over and see Arnold and ask him if he needs help, he says yeah and points to a ton of stuff in Flight Cases and I grabbed stuff and started loading it up into the trailer. I’m talking with the main roadie about back in December, how he ran across the street, yelling at me because he though I had Roope’s (robe-eh) guitar. He remembered. So after we load up all the stuff, Arnold invites me on to the bus for a drink. So I follow him on, and all the other kids are like: omg: and Arnold pours me a Southern Comfort. And he tells Janne “this guy helped us, totally voluntarily, with loading up the amps and guitars and stuff.” I start talking to Arnold about gear, and I tell him my setup, and he’s telling me that simpler is better, because evergrey, they are endorsed by Caparison and Randall, so he plugs the guitar straight into the amp. Jeanne calls me again, and I hand the phone to Alexi. They talk for about 20 minutes or so. He almost gave my phone back to some random person, but I grabbed it.

After that I talk to Janne about UM, and how it’s down all the time, and I asked him about the new Koltipelto Album, with Michael Romeo. After a bit more drinking, Arnold says “come see the back lounge, we have a discotheque in there.” I follow him past what looked like bunks, 4up and 4 across on both sides. Then into the lounge, the first person I see is Roope, and I shake his hand and tell him he is simply amazing. I see Tom and Henrik and Jonas from evergrey are there also, along with Alexi. Arnold pours some of his SoCo into my cup again, and I cheered them all for the show that night. Jonas had put in a CD – Pat Boone Goes Metal, with covers of Crazy Train, Holy Diver, Enter Sandman, and more on it. It’s great. Then Roope and I talk about Jackson v. ESP for a bit, and Alexi pops in a NWA CD – Straight Outta Compton, and he knew all the words. He was passing around a bell, which I think he stole from the receptionists’ desk at the hotel. He was binging it on the beats.

Alexi

BINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Henrik

Jonas

Roope

Tom

Me

Back to Roope and so on for some time.

At 1:30 Main roadie comes on and I get up and I know I have to leave. :( So I tell Arnold, that I will be at the show on the 17th at San Francisco, but know it looks like I wont be going :cry:. But he puts me on the guest list, and I cheered everyone up front and told them all excellent show. Set my drink down and left.

All in All, great night, great music, great bands, great people.

No pics, No autos, just a memory.]

I asked roope about his ESP and he says it plays pretty much the same as his jacksons, since he designed every detail of it (except the shape of course)
alexi thinks the same thing. although he didnt say too much about the cutout near the upper frets, which i figured would be the best damn thing about it.

xOrdinary_Storyx said:
and what was roope's opinion on jackson vs ESP?
he likes the ESP, but i was like, "you're still a die hard jackson guy arent you" and he goes "fuck the rest" :lol:

sounds like a great time, Bob!! Glad ya had a killer time there! It's cool you got to play roadie for the night. :D Goddamnit, here i am with this pass still and no way out to Cali. I am about to say screw food for the next couple weeks and fly on out anyway come Anaheim! Yes, yes...who needs food...i'd love to see the guys one of their last shows and see them off. It'll be a LITTLE bit before I go to Helsinki...not TOO long tho! Fen needs a vacation...

I woulda hung around but I was freezing my ass off, and I guess i'm not the fanboy Bob here is :lol: Not to mention Dmitriy was bitching the whole night. Man, what a wuss.

We just ended up going to Village Inn and I had me a diahrrea skillet (it didn't contain shit, but it did give me the shits the next day). Well, it's good you had fun, Bob.

As for the show itself, it was pretty fucking fun. I don't really remember much about the Bodom songs because I was getting my skinny ass kicked but the performance was really good. Iced Earth played some good songs like Violate, Angel's Holocaust, and the Coming Curse, but most of the set was boring new stuff. Ripper kicks ass on the old songs though, and the new guitarist can actually shred.