Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
I'd make it not suck (and also be really impartial and objective, no really I do have the ability to be) i.e. delete shit like the last 40 or so posts in the "emotional metal" trainwreck thread

Because Deron and the other dude do not touch this forum and as it is now it is shit

Erik said:
(and also be really impartial and objective, no really I do have the ability to be)

If you really plan to be impartial and objective, I don't think you'll ever fix the GMD the way you want to.

Demilich said:
If you really plan to be impartial and objective, I don't think you'll ever fix the GMD the way you want to.
No the main things that need to be done is

* SELF PROMOTION THREADS MOVED OR DELETED
* Other stuff also moved or deleted (questions about music creation/gear, sale/trade stuff, etc)
* REDUNDANT THREADS MERGED OR DELETED (i.e. MOST RECOMMENDATION STUFF INTO RECOMMENDATION THREAD unless they are deemed to be able to make a good thread of their own, no FIVE DIFFERENT NOW PLAYING THREADS etc)
* When good threads go into shit off topic land ("Emotional Metal") the offending posts get deleted and/or thread locked

It is quite possible to be objective re: those things

Mod Erik because I don't want to be a mod but somebody has to fucking do it.

I cast vote my for Erik. He has proven himself a worthy moderator. Not to mention he's been here longer than most of us.

Erik could you make it more varied too cas there is too much talk about death and black metal i would like more things about classic metal and more chat about thrash metal and do not say go to the old skool thread it is better in here paddy feels he is at home in here with you guys CHEERS MATE:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Erik, I believe you know the value of a good off-topic discussion, so I trust you to make the decision when a thread goes to shit entirely. If anyones gonna do it, I'm sure you'd do a fine job.

I do the most modding, of any forum on this site, in here. Yesterday alone I think there were at least 20-25 posts deleted. Do I catch everything? No. Some stuff is caught only after people are already whining about it. It has gotten to the point that EVERY..SINGLE..THREAD can't be discussed intelligently (or even semi-intelligently) without someone, new or established, coming in to pitch in their insult/slamming/one word comment of the thread - then it just goes downhill from there. It would be amazing to see, that if you don't like a thread, just don't post in it. It will drop to the bottom and that will be that (either buried or deleted). Are there stupid threads in here sometimes? Yes. It doesn't mean however that SOMEone won't get something out of it.

Just yesterday (as I am totally sick of spending so much time modding here) I was thinking of spinning this forum off and starting a new General forum, one with a non-tolerant attitude on crapping up threads.

Erik, if you want a shot at modding here, I'm for trying it out. All I ask is please do be objective and realize that if a thread may be stupid to you, some others may get something out of it (ala http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242795 ) - and also realize that with some users there is a language barrier but you can't shit on them because of that.

ironically enough most of the shitting up of the forum is being done by relatively new people (~last 8 months) whom we got a huge influx of after you made us all be nice to idiots

Spectacular Views said:
ironically enough most of the shitting up of the forum is being done by relatively new people (~last 8 months) whom we got a huge influx of after you made us all be nice to idiots

First of all, you're wrong. Secondly, it's not your forum to make the rules for. If you can't handle acting decent to new users, then find another forum. I don't want this to be a place a new user can't come in and post without being attacked every single time. The site gets around 50 new users a day so there's no avoiding it. There's a way to handle things, and there's a way to handle things.

Methinks that someone who will actually take the time to fight the shit that happens in this forum would be most valuable, and deleting 20-25 posts a day is NOT taking any time at all. The well established members here are doing a better job than the mods, and that has to STOP.Either put him on as a mod, or do your job.

[/Please don't ban me, I'm just saying]

I THINK YOU FIND THE OLDER POSTERS SEEM TO JUST RUBBISH WHAT ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY AND IF YOU LIKE MAINSTREAM STUFF YOU ARE SOME SORT OF ASSHOLE AND THIS IS NOT FAIR :mad: in fact i would like to find somewhere else to post cas it is boring a lot of the time in here and some people are very rude to people and use word like retards which i hate :mad:

I didn't say 20-25 a DAY, I said just YESTERday. I used to spend WAY more time deleting crap posts in here, but the REGULAR users became more of a baby sitting job than the new users. That's why this one was going to be spun off (for the regulars more than anything) and a new Gen Music started with a zero tolerance policy on shitting up threads. I'll actually still do that if you all would rather have that.

Seems pretty pointless having two identical forums with different rules, letting Erik moderate makes more sense. Though nothing is going to make the board improve over-night.

MetalAges said:
I didn't say 20-25 a DAY, I said just YESTERday. I used to spend WAY more time deleting crap posts in here, but the REGULAR users became more of a baby sitting job than the new users. That's why this one was going to be spun off (for the regulars more than anything) and a new Gen Music started with a zero tolerance policy on shitting up threads. I'll actually still do that if you all would rather have that.
How about really cracking down on this one? A REAL diaper seesion, perhaps?

[/Please don't ban me! I love this forum, but it needs help.]

Status
Not open for further replies.