Is anyone else really bored...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Your stance on the issue is just like when redneck Republicans say to me "If you don't like the U.S.A., then get the hell out". You're clearly missing the point M27. I want to make changes on this forum, positive changes. And I think Vx5 actually supports the idea. He did make a great point about our complaints should be directed at him via PM; of course my complaint requires a bit more collaborative discussion than PMing the forum mod.
True, I could (and maybe should) try to contribute more interesting and origional threads, but I'm not a metal encyclopedia, so I really don't feel I possess the vast knowledge that would be required to create such threads on a regular basis. The point of this thread is that I simply want to motivate everyone on this forum to create some interesting and entertaining discussion.

You seem quite a bit more knowledgeable than half the people here just from looking at some of the bands you like and how you maturely discuss such bands and other topics, so I don't see why not...surely you could make a better topic than "name my grind band" or "what is metalcore?", am I wrong in assuming this? Just go for it; I support anything that anyone feels would help this forum. If it's good for you, it's good for me (unless it's blatantly against the rules).

V.V.V.V.V. said:
On locking threads: Yes I tend to do it a lot. Sorry, but that's just how it is.
And clearly people aren't happy with it. This is "just how it is" only since you became a mod (what, a week and a half?) and already people are pissed.

this is a GENERAL METAL DISCUSSION forum. There are currently two threads where hardly ANYTHING is ever deleted. Go post your off-topic shit in there.
Are you supposed to sound like you have a clue by putting the forum's name above its history and previous content? Has there ever been a time when this forum has had this level of ruling and moderation? It's a complete waste of time: some people need to be flamed until they stop being the unaware newbies that are causing half the fucking threads on the forum to be closed after 6 replies. They then tend to either slot in better or leave. Either way it creates a more natural set of regulars.

If you really want to improve this forum then you need to step down, Deron needs to stop being a censoring nitwit, let GoD/Falco/other contributors have a regular account, and let the idiots and/or ignorant be flamed until they improve or get out.

Int said:
some people need to be flamed until they stop being the unaware newbies that are causing half the fucking threads on the forum to be closed after 6 replies.

History has shown that aggravating people does not turn them into self-sufficient members of communities they inhabit; it just makes them pissed and makes everyone worse off.

Also, stop talking about fucking GoD and Falco. Get off it. Plenty of the people here contribute things daily, and you are the only person I have even seen here that wants GoD or anyone else that's been banned back. Sorry.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
^Your stance on the issue is just like when redneck Republicans say to me "If you don't like the U.S.A., then get the hell out". You're clearly missing the point M27. I want to make changes on this forum, positive changes. And I think Vx5 actually supports the idea. He did make a great point about our complaints should be directed at him via PM; of course my complaint requires a bit more collaborative discussion than PMing the forum mod.
True, I could (and maybe should) try to contribute more interesting and origional threads, but I'm not a metal encyclopedia, so I really don't feel I possess the vast knowledge that would be required to create such threads on a regular basis. The point of this thread is that I simply want to motivate everyone on this forum to create some interesting and entertaining discussion.

The PM thing is pretty good, but...

Hell, your bound to hear some complaints, whatever, but what really pisses me off if there is no fucking need to create a damn thread bitching about it. If you want it better, then try to contribute and make it that way! And its not a big deal if you know more or less about metal than anyone else, not everyone can be an encyclopedia like erik or v5 :lol:

You most likely know more than me anyway....:Smug:

:)

V.V.V.V.V. said:
History has shown that aggravating people does not turn them into self-sufficient members of communities they inhabit; it just makes them pissed and makes everyone worse off.

And closing their threads and deleting their posts is a better solution? If they do get pissed they're more likely to change than if their contributions are simply being removed.

Also, stop talking about fucking GoD and Falco. Get off it. Plenty of the people here contribute things daily, and you are the only person I have even seen here that wants GoD or anyone else that's been banned back. Sorry.

My point was obviously that UM should stop banning regulars that have become trolls and so-called troublemakers, why the fuck do you think that has happened in the first place?

Crimson Velvet said:
It really didn't take long before V5 went mad with power, did it? But, I suppose that is what happens when juveniles is put in that position...

I wouldn't say he went mad with power, in fact he's taking full advantage of his powers with all good intentions and he exercises restraint with unbiased validations. He holds no grudges on veterans and he treats the noobs humanely.

Ever since V5 assumed mod status this forum has shown signs of improvement. The crap threads are switfly locked before shitstorms erupt and page 1 is no longer cluttered. The long-standing threads continue to flourish with passionate discussion while most valid threads serve their purpose and fade away in peace.

And it's not just the mod squad, but the vets have cleaned up a bit too. Spectacular Views has toned down his trollish ways and Dodens has softened on the elitism.

Some say that off-topic discussion is rampant. There are at least two threads where this is allowed. There is only so much a group of metalheads can talk about before they start discussing non-music-related subjects.

On a final note, the truth is that forums need rivalries to survive, but which are balanced by healthy moderation. The GMD maintains this balance and I see no dark times ahead for us. The noobs will come and the vets will battle, thus the drama will unfold and monotony will be scarce.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Get the fuck over it. I'm sorry if you're unhappy with how I mod; I take others' opinions very seriously so instead of fucking whining about it (SUSPERIA) just fucking PM me and tell me what I could improve. I'm here to make sure things are good for everyone. I'm sorry to hear the discussion is boring, but if you so desparately want something good discussed, make a thread about it and if it warrants interesting, quality discussion, it will be kept.

What? I didn't start this thread, nor do I generally whine about this forum. I stated ONCE in agreement with byrne that lately the discussion on here isn't what it used to be. Sheesh.

Susperia said:
What? I didn't start this thread, nor do I generally whine about this forum. I stated ONCE in agreement with byrne that lately the discussion on here isn't what it used to be. Sheesh.

Just your remark that "YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR ME" like "oh so it can't be my fault at all I had nothing to do with it." I have nothing against you really but, seriously...

What would you like to see happen here, since I want to show you that I can actually do the job given to me.

Int said:
And closing their threads and deleting their posts is a better solution? If they do get pissed they're more likely to change than if their contributions are simply being removed.

First of all, "contributions"...? I'm pretty sure you just italicized the word "contributors" in a previous post alluding to posters you find worthwhile, and now you're saying that n00bs are finding their so-called contributions deleted? Seems like a contradiction in terms.

Second of all, bullying people is not the right way to get them to turn around to the right side; any simple history lesson can show you this (and I don't mean the history of this board, before you bring that up again like I haven't been here a while or something). I provide legitimate reasons to posters who find their posts deleted if they ask me for a reason. I'm not a heartless, power-deleting asshole; I know what I'm doing and I know it's right. Don't judge how I do things and try to stick in your own way of doing things. I have room for change and improvement; I don't have room for being told how to run what I'm in charge of by someone who has no say in what I do.

Int said:
My point was obviously that UM should stop banning regulars that have become trolls and so-called troublemakers, why the fuck do you think that has happened in the first place?

Can you please mention to me why GoD was ORIGINALLY banned (on his first account). I don't think I'm familiar with, or rather I at least forget, what transpired...I'm assuming since he's had about 5000 accounts in the past that he must have done at least a few things of OFFENSE...such things hardly constitute letting someone back but this is a tired argument so please just get off it.

Crimson Velvet said:
It really didn't take long before V5 went mad with power, did it? But, I suppose that is what happens when juveniles is put in that position...

...what? "Mad with power"? Are you...insane? What have I done; locked a few threads that diverged from the topic at hand and had no chance of coming back? Deleted some posts that were trolling/flaming/THINGS AGAINST THE RULES THAT ARE SET UP AND DISPLAYED IN A STICKY FOR EVERYONE TO FUCKING SEE? I don't make the rules; I enforce them. This may be a cliche statement of power, but I'm willing to stick with it. Also I'm going to be 18 in like 5 months so I'm hardly "juvenile" and I also know more about classifications and bands in general than most people with my level of expertise, anyway, so just fuck off pretty much; I don't need people like you to crittique how I act here with no indication that they want to improve anything...a lot of you are content with sitting back and watch this place become shit and not even trying to do a thing to change it. Do you really think I can tolerate that?

Zephyrus said:
I wouldn't say he went mad with power, in fact he's taking full advantage of his powers with all good intentions and he exercises restraint with unbiased validations. He holds no grudges on veterans and he treats the noobs humanely.

Ever since V5 assumed mod status this forum has shown signs of improvement. The crap threads are switfly locked before shitstorms erupt and page 1 is no longer cluttered. The long-standing threads continue to flourish with passionate discussion while most valid threads serve their purpose and fade away in peace.

And it's not just the mod squad, but the vets have cleaned up a bit too. Spectacular Views has toned down his trollish ways and Dodens has softened on the elitism.

Some say that off-topic discussion is rampant. There are at least two threads where this is allowed. There is only so much a group of metalheads can talk about before they start discussing non-music-related subjects.

On a final note, the truth is that forums need rivalries to survive, but which are balanced by healthy moderation. The GMD maintains this balance and I see no dark times ahead for us. The noobs will come and the vets will battle, thus the drama will unfold and monotony will be scarce.

Thankee, sai. :worship:

Not that i have made any particularly good points in this thread, but i agree with a lot of the above. I think VVVVV is a good mod. He throws the lock on a lot of shit, but it is pure crap that he locks. Its just that the other mods werent on top of that as much.

I think the bitchiness and troll-iness of this board will greatly decrease over time, with VVVVV grabbing the issue by the balls.

in other words, i agree with zeph. but theres still no point in making a thread bitching about this crap

Status
Not open for further replies.