• No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik said:
No the main things that need to be done is

* SELF PROMOTION THREADS MOVED OR DELETED
* Other stuff also moved or deleted (questions about music creation/gear, sale/trade stuff, etc)
* REDUNDANT THREADS MERGED OR DELETED (i.e. MOST RECOMMENDATION STUFF INTO RECOMMENDATION THREAD unless they are deemed to be able to make a good thread of their own, no FIVE DIFFERENT NOW PLAYING THREADS etc)
* When good threads go into shit off topic land ("Emotional Metal") the offending posts get deleted and/or thread locked

It is quite possible to be objective re: those things

Sounds like you know what to do. Go for it buddy!:kickass:

i think youre just facing the inevitable problem of trying to maintain on-topic discussion in community of unique members who all have their own interpersonal relationships going on. given that this is probably gonna be pretty difficult s without harsh moderation (which will inevitably cause a shitstorm among certain members meaning lots of complaining posts/threads shitting up the forum) maybe a GMD offtopic forum or something would be a good idea

ender7227 said:
How about really cracking down on this one? A REAL diaper seesion, perhaps?

[/Please don't ban me! I love this forum, but it needs help.]

I'm not going to ban you dude so you don't have to keep clarifying :)

I don't know if you had a user name before Feb 2006 - but if you have visited this forum over the last few years you would see what a roller coaster it goes through, phases if you will. I have no doubt Erik may start off on a good foot, ala how GoD did, but there comes a point that makes or breaks a mods value/dependability to do a good job, and let me tell you this forum definitely puts it to the test! I think this forum, only a notch under the old SoT, has given me the most grief in dealing with since owning the site. It's very simply put - a clash of too many opinionated people and no one cares to budge, they just rely on insulting the hell out of each other, new user or not.

Erik, I made you mod, let's see how you deal with it. Catch me online using the contact info in my profile.

I have to say that I like the changes that have been made thus far, but of course, it's only the first hours.

You already appear to be moderator by now but I still voted anyway. Aren't I sweet?

I agree. A little order here would be nice. There have been way too many dumb newbie fights/threads lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.