Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a way that makes sense to me but not to others

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Not at all

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
I sort my CDs first by nationality: the Norwegian, then the Greek, then the Swedish.... etc,
then by my best band from each country (Norway:Ulver, Arcturus, Ved..... etc, Greece: Necromantia, R.Christ....etc)
and then the bands releases in chronilogical order

I voted for (and sort by) bands by genre, alphabetically within the genre, in chronological order within the band.

EDIT: Heh, had I read the thread, I could have just said "I sort mine the exact same way Lutz, jimbob, Dreamlord & kalmakoff do."

So if you guys are ever looking for a CD in my collection, at least you'll know how to find it...;)

Originally posted by phyre

I _WAS_ actually going to put that as an option... But I didn't think anyone ACTUALLY did it. :p The thought has crossed my mind before though.

Heh...I don't do that, but at one point long ago I did, simply because I was bored and wanted to see the effect.

In actuality, I sort them alphabetically by band, randomly within each band. Large cases (Draconian Times 2CD, CoB live disc, etc), box sets (MDB Stories, etc) and 7"s all go on the top shelf before the 'A's due to my shelf layout. Digipacks get plastic slip cases to protect from scuffing.

I sort them 1st by band alphebeticaly, but then in order of release, make sence? Have you ever read the book High Fidelity, the guy is obsessed with rearanging his record collection. He had a smart one, order in which he bought them, and after 20 yrs or what ever, it must of been pritty hard to remeber.

First of all they are sorted by genre. Then all the releases of one band are put together. There is no particular band-order. For outsiders it's very hard to find a particular cd, but I know where they are exactly

Hmmm...I didn't see that "Multiple choices are allowed" Until I had voted. I voted for "Bands alphabetically", but I put my records in alphabetical order and if I have more than one record by the artist I put it cronologically. I have almost 1100 records, so I have to have some sort of order in my collection.

Chronologically and then I keep those CD's which I listen quite often near me, those which I don't, farther. Eh. My CD order varies quite often. I've been panning to put it in an alfabetical order.