I think the In Flames everyone wants is dead

The old In Flames sound is definately not dead.... there are a ton of good guitar melodies on R2R, but they are buried within the terrible muddy production and guitar sound. So people just aren't really noticing it. I'm telling you, its all in the production. Personally I love R2R, but it would have been much better and i guarantee more people would have liked it if it had the production of Clayman or something.

They can probably make an album that sounds better than RTR if they went back to Studio Fredman.
I dont believe they can make anything up to par with anything from their earlier discography except RTR, but im hoping for some decent songs at least.

Stefan. Yes clean vox on the next Dark Tranquillity cd would rock. To A Biutter Halt. Growly vox then with the clean towards the end makes that song truly fucking awesome! And Therein! Do I need say more!?

They MADE it by getting alot more fans and therefore revenue. The tour with Slipknot got about 5000000000 kids to like In Flames so thats what I meant. they've "big time" now.

As long as Dark Tranquillity doesn't start throwing in positive and simplistic harmonies with the clean vocs i'm all for the usage of it.
It would be cool if they did a really diverse album, with some very punishing and heavy tracks and some that are a complete opposite with keyboards and clean vocs.
Sort of like a energetic mix between Projector, The Gallery and Damage Done, and of course with some new non-simplifying elements.
That would be a dream of mine :p

In Flames is still the band I've known and loved for about 3 years now... I've got all their CD's ( Cept for Lunar Strain and Sub, I can't stand those albums. ) and I'm happy with each and every one of them.

So if they're a sellout swedish band that just wants to make money, cool. I don't care as long as I still enjoy their music.

In Flames is very much alive.

Freddy Krueger said:
In Flames is still the band I've known and loved for about 3 years now... I've got all their CD's ( Cept for Lunar Strain and Sub, I can't stand those albums. ) and I'm happy with each and every one of them.

WHAT?! You can't stand Lunar Strain&Subterranean?!? I can't believe it. :yow:

Its hard i think... for some of us to understand the difrent point of view.

For me... i've loved all In Flames albums soo far, except by the Tokyo Showdown.. that sux!!... anyway... i see R2R as an experiment, its obvius they were trying to do this since CLAYMAN, at least Anders was looking forward to make a move like this. Now In Flame's music its VOCAL driven, instead of beeing guitarr driven... maybe in the next album they will find a middle point. I'm sure Anders vocals won't come back to the Jester Race or Whoracle era.... that's for sure.

So far... i've seen more people who says: In Flames SUX... i don't think they have more fans now... IMO, R2R its not a comercial album, i think they selled more Colony albums than any other, R2R included. A comercial album dosen't have to be the one with more copies sold...

And for Dark Tranquility... fucking amazing... Projector fucking rules, i loved the clean vocals and the slow parts. Damage done, amazing album!!...it dosent' have clean vocals, but the growls and the music its just perfect... its the best Dark Tranquility's album for sure. I'm looking forward to some clean vocals on the next album. Some kind of Projector - Damage Done fusion

stefan86 said:
The guy doesnt like unindustrial music or real vocals :p
Hes a bit special, you might say

Yes, I see now. Cuz I think that Lunar Strain&Sub. had the best vocal. I love that kind of vocals :)

They MADE it by getting alot more fans and therefore revenue. The tour with Slipknot got about 5000000000 kids to like In Flames so thats what I meant. they've "big time" now.
Thats correct actually, because I'm the proof. I heard of In Flames before, but I never started listening to them untill I heard Slipknot where comming to belfast and I thought In Flames would have been supporting them, I was wrong however, we got some shitty local band called Superskin. Anyway, by that time I had all the In Flames albums downloaded, and they where my second favorite band :( not that it wasnt worth it, because right now In Flames are probably my favorite, even with RTR, I think its listenable.

JesteR-7 said:
Yes, I see now. Cuz I think that Lunar Strain&Sub. had the best vocal. I love that kind of vocals :)

Agreed, Lunar Strains vocals are awesome.
To me Mikael Stanne is the best vocalist in the world right up there with Chuck Billy and Mikael Åkerfeldt.
I like the vocals on Sub too, Stand Ablaze blows me away every time.