I think the In Flames everyone wants is dead

Soul Conspiracy said:
I won't be buying that album then Stefan.

Your loss, stay away from bands like Opeth then too.
There are actually bands who dont wind up sounding like shit with clean vocs, even though its hard to believe so when you hear an album like Reroute To Remain.

stefan86 said:
The guy doesnt like unindustrial music or real vocals :p
Hes a bit special, you might say

I'm not a huge industrial fan, and Anders' vocals were real the last 3 times I've seen them live... Sounds the same as it does on CD. Or wait, maybe he's using a vocal enhancer to make himself sound better. That must be it.

Sorry, I enjoy screaming vocals but I do love the mix of clean vox in there as well... Makes things a bit more diverse.

And no, I didn't like the first two In Flames albums... I don't even acknowledge their existance until Jester Race. I really don't care for all that super underground hardcore bad sounding crap that most metalheads care for.

Yes, I know I'm not hardcore, I know I'm a poser... I don't care. And I believe that R2R Is one of their best efforts ( Right behind Colony )

To me it feels very weird that you're even listening to metal when almost all you care about is how the production value is.
And i personally never care for what is 'hardcore metal satanas' or however you would express it.
What i did like about In Flames was that they were very original.
They had these folkish melodies and acoustics in the middle of their great metal assault.
Colony and Clayman were still good albums without this, but RTR is just so many steps over the line.
I hate the general sound of record, i hate the lack of consistency in the songwriting, i hate the vocals, there are just too many things i cant stand.
In Flames is now about as popular as Slipknot or Korn here in Sweden, and all the trendmetalheads listen to them, just because they released a shitty album.
I really pity them, they even think St Anger is a good album.
I dont know why i am rambling on about all this but i had a need to i guess.

The Frozen One said:
I'm all for a band to change, and experiment, IF it's done right. What In Flames is doing isn't right in my opinion. The worst thing is definately Anders vocals though, I can't stand them. You know, tons of people, including myself, have wanted In Flames to play old material live for a long time, and when I sat and thought about it, it doesn't even matter. When they play old songs now, they might as well be brand new, with the way Anders sings them. His voice doesn't do the old songs justice anymore. I should have realized this before, when I witnessed Artifacts of the Black Rain played live, but I think I was too excited when he yelled "This one is... ARTIFACTS OF THE BLACK RAIN!!"

I think In Flames DESPERATELY needs a new vocalist. The music itself bothers me a bit, but it's more-so the vocals. While 'Speed' from Soilwork has changed his vocal-style some, you can still hear pieces of the old style here and there... with Anders, you can't. His screeching/whiny vocals need to go.

As for Sentenced, I totally agree. They're one of my favorite bands, and Ville is an awesome vocalist. Dark Tranquillity - I'm happy with the way they're heading - back to the roots. \m/
I couldn't agree more. Anders used to be my favourite vocalist. Now I wanna fucking punch him in the face when i hear his vocals on R2R.

i agree that micheal stanne is the best metal vocalist its him or ihsahan from emperor. In flames are still pretty unheard of around here like they always have been (opeth are more popular somehow) i do still have faith in them and i do belive that the new album will be better than R2R.

C-Taylor said:
I can't see them changing vocalists. At all.
They've had their time of death metal and they are moving on, however they are doing it in a bad direction, not because it attracts "fake" fans and all that shite, its because the music itself doesnt mean much, like the lyrics

From green to red our days pass by
Waiting for a sign to tell us why
Are we dancing all alone?

compared to
egoism dictates human relations
a world where fashion outshines morality
here success is written in blood-red colours
designed by the thirst for power

I call it loss of creativity. Although I also heard around these forums that the band didnt write Ordinary Storys lyrics so...

this is by so far the best case against in flames crappy new direction. bravo, bravo, bravo.

I know this isn't the right forum for this but from what was said earlier I decided to check out some of Dark Tranquilities Projector, as yet I've only heard Auctioned, and I'm not keen on it. Sorry.

He's got a good voice I guess, but I like dark tranquility for the fast, melodic, widdly riffs and on that shit you need growls.

It was quite nice though.

Don't look at Projector for a Dark Tranquillity album...
Auctioned is my least favorite DT song... look for something off of damage done... the ngo for something from one of their first 3 albums and 2 ep's...

Projector is an awesome cd. Dont expect Death MEtal out of it or anything. The songs are composed VERY well and Staane's voice is fucking great! Its my favorite DT cd. Auctioned definitly isnt a song if you want to here how DT sound like.

Id just like to point out everytime i browse this forum, i think this thread reads:

"I think In Flames wants everyone dead"

Carry on....

Dont forget that Projector also has one of their most crushing songs in The Sun Fired Blanks.
Its generally a very diverse effort.
I can see how so many people dislike Projector though, never giving it a chance because of the emotion-level.

The In Flames everyone is dead. Their style is completely different, as is their songwriting. They are the same people as they were, but their music is much different. Whether you like it or not, they aren't what they were in the past.

I guess I have to agree with that.. it's a good thing to explore, but I miss the old In Flames. Here in Hong Kong, you must go underground to find metal and HMV is only the modern commercial stuff.. and I found In Flames in HMV :erk: but, their new stuff is not bad :D

But honestly, do you people prefer Ville Laihiala and new Sentenced?
Because.. well, Ville Laihiala is a great singer, but.. I liked the good old days with Taneli Jarva

Wow, I'm really surprised that people dislike "Auctioned." Right now, I'd say that's my favorite song off of Projector. The first 30 seconds of that song are amazing. I love how the piano and bass line go together. Definitely a cool intro.