I think the In Flames everyone wants is dead

Soul Conspiracy said:
The album title itself Reroute to Remain implies that the change of direction is here to stay.
Not exactly. Think about it. Rerouting to Remain, would only just mean Rerouting from Death Metal and onto just plain "Metal". But remaining on that would only apply to the Death metal, not remaining as it is now, which they have shown with Watch them Feed, and if thats how Watch them Feed is how In Flames is turning, I'm not complaining.

Maybe once they get mainstream popularity they will release another album that's a mix of TJR and whoracle to spread Melodic Death Metal into the mainstream :)

C-Taylor said:
Not exactly. Think about it. Rerouting to Remain, would only just mean Rerouting from Death Metal and onto just plain "Metal". But remaining on that would only apply to the Death metal, not remaining as it is now, which they have shown with Watch them Feed, and if thats how Watch them Feed is how In Flames is turning, I'm not complaining.

You're suggesting it's an oxymoron, which it isn't.

First Post here.

Yay, I couldn't leave this post without writing something about In Flames' new musical direction. I've been an In Flames lover (like this one :hotjump: ) since 1999 when I got their old-stuff. I always liked In Flames, including Clayman (except Swim, one of their worst songs EVER).

One day, IF released their latest album (Reroute To Remain) and I read everywhere that Rerroute was In Flames' best album. EVERYWHERE. The I was going to buy it, but I decided to download it first. It just couldn't get through my skull how the fuck could anyone say that R2R was that good!!!!111oneone

I hate R2R except for Free Fall where you can find some old-kind vocals. The rest is filthy work.

Fucking Nu Metal :D