I Trollskogens Drömmande Mörker v. 3.0

The Hubster said:
Draugen - nice job on the site (frames are annoying though! Just a personal thing, doesnt detract from the site).

I read through your opinions on the albums, and was amazed to find that you thought Visions From The Spiral Generator: "... is the weakest Vintersorg release up to date, although not being bad at all".

(Just as a point of discussion, nothing personal of course) I have to say I disagree.

The addition of a session bassist and drummer, coupled with more expansive and explorational songwriting by Mr V has yielded what I think is one of the best Vintersorg works he has produced.

The song structures have beautiful complexities, without going over the top.
While I am not Swedish, I do love the fact he sings in his mother tongue, it's beautiful to hear, but the mix of English and Swedish is a positive move. I really hope the next album uses some Swedish again (if I remember correctly, the Focusing Blur used no Swedish at all?).

Vintersorg's vocal work on Visions From The Spiral Generator, notedly the cleaner vocals are outstanding. Take some of the passages in "Spegelsfären" and "The Explorer" - these are just so beautifully sung, it almost brings a tear to the eye.

The production on the album is nothing new, but it's an "authentic" representation of what the band line up is capabable of.

While Visions From The Spiral Generator is a move from his earlier works, I think it's actually a good blend of his older material fused with a newer, and more expansive direction.

In my opinion, a REALLY good, solid album which displays excellent musicianship by not only Vintersorg himself, but all members in the recording.

//end rant hehee
Yep, as I mentioned, I do like the album. I also agree with what you said about Vintersorg's voice,t he musicianship etc.
But however, the album lacks the "hits" that I'm used to find on the earlier albums. On The Focusing Blur, the songs once again became stronger in my opinion.

Thidrek-> hehe, never thought about that...

Gauny-> Thanks!

Nice!
icon14.gif

Thidrek said:
I am just listening to it. Seems to be very nice..

From which movie is it?

Err... can't remember. I'm sure someone here knows. Or you could ask Mr. V or either search some very old threads... :D

I've searched for it in google and I read that this is a track of his project "Vargatron" and he only described it as "filmic music" but not as music for a film ;)

and it is! it's genious! ;)

Thidrek said:
I've searched for it in google and I read that this is a track of his project "Vargatron" and he only described it as "filmic music" but not as music for a film ;)

and it is! it's genious! ;)

But in some old thread, Mr. V mentions a certain homepage that, if I'm not completly wrong, had something to do with a movie. That page used to host the song, but it is down nowadays...

Just wanted to say that things have become complicated between me and the guy whose hosting the trollskog-page. (don't bother wondering why)
This means that the whole page will cease to be in a matter of days (hours)...
So download what you haven't ASAP!
I guess this is for the best anyway, since I've kinda lost interest in it anyway... Over and out!

amf said:
It's down now. :cry:

Will you not put them online again on another host?

Yeah, like you haven't downloaded everything??? :D
Don't know. As I see it now, there will be no page/downloadplace whatsoever...

EDIT:
...and it's online again. Weird things happening...

3 weeks ago you were so ambitious due to your page and now you are not interested in updating it any longer?
mmh.. I guess it's not my business..

Draugen said:
Yeah, like you haven't downloaded everything??? :D
Don't know. As I see it now, there will be no page/downloadplace whatsoever...

EDIT:
...and it's online again. Weird things happening...
Didn't have the Otyg demo-project lyrics (but I got them now when it went online again).
But it's really sad that the no 1 site for anything Vintersorg/Otyg relate is heading for the grave. :(

What will happen to the Otyg lyrics sent by Cia? If you wont put them on the site you must at least send them to me over msn. :p

amf said:
Didn't have the Otyg demo-project lyrics (but I got them now when it went online again).
But it's really sad that the no 1 site for anything Vintersorg/Otyg relate is heading for the grave. :(

What will happen to the Otyg lyrics sent by Cia? If you wont put them on the site you must at least send them to me over msn. :p

I'm not really sure what'll happen with the site. As it is right now, it'll be alive for at least a month (or maybe longer), but I dunno really. Hopefully I will get to keep the place long enough to host the Otyg video (when, and if I get it).

Still no word from Cia. But as soon as I get my hands on the lyrics, be it on the page or not, of course you'll get them...