What I hear is:
"Vi dricker jävligt billigt vitt vin"

And that's all...

Draugen said:
What I hear is:
"Vi dricker jävligt billigt vitt vin"

And that's all...
Damn drunkard.. :D
How come every thread sooner or later ends in a discussion about alcohol? ;)

Anyway, I'm with walkyr on this one. Can't stand wine :erk:

amf said:
Damn drunkard.. :D
How come every thread sooner or later ends in a discussion about alcohol? ;)

Anyway, I'm with walkyr on this one. Can't stand wine :erk:

Wine is great, one of the only things I can drink these days to be honest (following university days of drinking just about anything!)... A good red wine in winter with some good food is the way to go.

The Hubster said:
Wine is great, one of the only things I can drink these days to be honest (following university days of drinking just about anything!)... A good red wine in winter with some good food is the way to go.
Haven't been able to drink wine since the initiation-week at the university. We played "vinbrännboll" (Kinda like baseball, but you have to drink a glass of wine at every base) with homemade wine that tasted like vinegar.. :erk:

amf said:
Haven't been able to drink wine since the initiation-week at the university. We played "vinbrännboll" (Kinda like baseball, but you have to drink a glass of wine at every base) with homemade wine that tasted like vinegar.. :erk:

Then that explains it! I had to do the very same thing at my initiation as well. I remember that I was only one standing up after the game was finished. :headbang:
But nowadays, I've grown to appreciate both red and white wine. Although nothing never will beat Norrlands Guld 2.8!

I noticed you guys mention at some point that beer in Sweden is expensive... That sucks badly, I feel for you guys. Why is that though?

Here in AU, it's piss cheap (excuse the pun folks)... we're lucky here I guess.

Beer drinking in here AU is a big part of the social culture (especially in the summer), and wine as well. Outside of Sydney, in cities like Adelaide and Melbourne, more so with European communities such as Greek and Italian, wine is a MASSIVE part of it all.

The Hubster said:
I noticed you guys mention at some point that beer in Sweden is expensive... That sucks badly, I feel for you guys. Why is that though?

Well, mainly because we have this shit-thingy called "Systembolaget". The gouvernment has monopoly on sale of any alcoholic beverage above 3.5%. Thus, you cannot buy wine, liquor or any stronger beer in reuglar stores and you have to be over 20 to buy it in the first place. :erk:
As far as I know, Sweden is the only country having this incredibly stupid system. Though not a problem for me anymore, it was a big issue when I was under 20... :D

Thidrek said:
Today's Swedens national holiday, isn't it?

You bet. And for the first time, it's a red day (no work/no mail etc.) I didn't even know what day we had our national day earlier. I don't think that many people will celebrate it either (we're not like those people from Norway:D), other than many got drunk yesterday...

But instead your whitsunday ("Pingst" in Swedish) was cancelled, i heard. I know this because i consume alot svt.se ;) On the same page I saw pictures of people walking through the streets with flags and stuff. Also they report from different locations where the day is celebrated, why do you say, noone celebrates it? o_O

Thidrek said:
But instead your whitsunday ("Pingst" in Swedish) was cancelled, i heard. I know this because i consume alot svt.se ;) On the same page I saw pictures of people walking through the streets with flags and stuff. Also they report from different locations where the day is celebrated, why do you say, noone celebrates it? o_O

Yep, you are correct about the whitsunday cancellation.

Ok, maybe there are people celebrating this very day. But I just said like that, because there are very few Swedish people celebrating if you compare to other countries (such as Norway) and it's really not a big thing here.
Cool that you're consuming svt.se - but how much do you really understand then?