I was a bit wrong about something....

esloan

Jul 14, 2010
Since SoWN I have told myself that it wasn't Bush' vocals that soured me on Anthrax but the direction of the songwriting from Stomp and on.

However, the more I listen to WM the more I realize I might have been wrong. I still think that the music on Stomp, Vol. 8 and WCFYA is sub-par but I have come to realize that had Joey been doing the vocals, those songs might have been tolerable. Not great, maybe not even good but tolerable.

Listening to Joey on some of the more "Bush-Thrax" style songs on WM, it is quite obvious that he brings a whole lot more to the table vocals-wise than Bush does. He can do the low-raspy stuff just as good as Bush but he also brings a range that Bush just can not touch.

Listen to "I'm Alive" or "Crawl" and it is quite obvious the dynamics he brings to the songs that Bush just could not do. I truly believe, had Bush been the vocalist on this album, I would not enjoy it half as much as I do.

Yes, I still prefer the music on PoT and back much more than the Bush-era but, had Anthrax kept Joey in the family, I don't believe I would have totally detested Stomp, Vol. 8 and WCFYA as much as I do. It is so good to have Joey back!

The raspy shit sucks either way. If I wanna listen to grungy-styled vocals I'd listen to Alice In Chains or STP (except I wouldn't cuz I don't like either band), not Anthrax. Crawl, while tolerable, is the worst song on WM. The few issues I have with WM aside, I'm as glad as anyone that Joey is back.

The raspy shit sucks either way. If I wanna listen to grungy-styled vocals I'd listen to Alice In Chains or STP (except I wouldn't cuz I don't like either band), not Anthrax. Crawl, while tolerable, is the worst song on WM. The few issues I have with WM aside, I'm as glad as anyone that Joey is back.

Oh, yeah they would have just been tolerable had joey been the vocalist. But that would have been a step up from the total trash they are with bush singing.

Everyone hates on Bush as if he were the one that conspired to fire Belladonna. Wonder how metal history would have gone had he joined Metallica when he had the chance.

Everyone hates on Bush as if he were the one that conspired to fire Belladonna. Wonder how metal history would have gone had he joined Metallica when he had the chance.

I don't hate bush, from what I can tell he seems a stand up guy. Never heard anything bad about him at all. I just hate his vocals on the anthrax albums. No range, monotone rasp.

I don't hate bush, from what I can tell he seems a stand up guy. Never heard anything bad about him at all. I just hate his vocals on the anthrax albums. No range, monotone rasp.

I don't hate him either. I just hate most of the albums he's on.

Complete opposite actually - all WM proves is that Anthrax has been a busted flush ever since SOWN regardless of who is singing. There has been a rapid decline in the quality of the songwriting from Stomp onwards and WM represents the absolute nadir. WM is so bad it would be funny - if it hadn't cost me 15 quid. Fucking 8 years to drop this pile of shit. At least if it had ended up with Don's vocals on it we could have blamed it all on him. No wonder Bush didn't want to sing on it. Bloody awful, awful album - what the hell happened to this band?

Really? So Metallica had a grunge vocal style up to Justice? Most Thrash bands have the Agressive vocal style.

I was a fan of Anthrax, before John Bush, during John Bush, and after John Bush. Worship Music just confirmed to me, that while I love John's vocals --- that wasn't what made Anthrax during those years my favorite band --- it was the music.

No it's just his opnion. What's actually wrong about liking those albums more?

well there is an opinion issue, that would be which one person prefers. The other issue is if Stomp and Volume 8 are better written albums. It is a fact that Among The Living and Spreading The Disease are better written albums :lol::lol:

no, Maidenhead you're wrong, 'Toast To The Extras', 'Harms Way', 'Nothing', 'Safe Home',... are much better songs than 'Indians', 'I Am The Law', 'Madhouse', 'Armed & Dangerous', 'Be All, End All',...