I was just thinking today...

benny

Artifact Of Chaos
May 4, 2001
Seattle
www.myspace.com
Vintersorg has been my favorite band since I was 16 and I always dreamed of seeing them live one day. They would do a few shows every year in Europe when I was younger and I would be so jealous of everyone on this forum who were able to go. Now that I have graduated college and have a great job I can easily fulfill my dream of traveling to see a gig. Unfortunately, they don't seem to play at all any more. I hope after the next album is released they do a one off show in Sweden at least. So I am vowing now that the next Vintersorg show that is announced I am gonna be there. No matter what it takes.

Hopefully Gaunerin will be there :kickass:

this topic keeps coming up, maybe mr v will give in at some point. i mean eventually he will do a live gig...playing live is addictive, he will make a decision at some point.

funny thing is that one time long ago, Vintersorg played a gig in New Jersey...15 mins away from where i grew up, at the time I didnt know about the band. I am still kicking myself for being unaware.

funny thing is that one time long ago, Vintersorg played a gig in New Jersey...15 mins away from where i grew up, at the time I didnt know about the band. I am still kicking myself for being unaware.

Burned:)

I live about one hour from Mr V and i have never seen a Vintersorg gig either so it must be a tough break if you´re from the US

ErikSL said:
what? he went to North America for shows?? I didn't know that.. :zombie: when was it??
is there some kind of 'old tourdates' list? I wanna know if/when he played where I live

I am still kicking myself for being unaware.

Ha ha, I know that feeling! I feel the exact same way about not going to Metalcamp when he played there, thinking it was too far away. Now I've been there two years in a row, and I'm definitly going back again, so I can only weep over the fact that Vintersorg played in this great place and I was too lasy to get off my ass and go there... :cry:

I can't speak as to whether or not I'd travel to see Mr. V live (life and destiny is a funny thing), but it's cool to see another Seattlite here!

in every fucking topic we finish to speak of how much we would love to see vintersorg live... :lol:
i hope one day he will feel some kind of pity for us and begin to tour again!!!!

speaking of my own experience, i discovered mr v and his music about two years ago....too late i have to say!
after this discovering, one day i was washing my 2001's wacken t-shirt and i read at the very end of the bands list on the back of the t-shirt that he played there ....
it has been a shock, i was there, but i was also a stupid little girl with no idea of what kind of music was the right one to be listened....so i missed the concert, i have in my mind only little fragments of a long haired blond guy...that's all i remember :cry::cry::cry:

i think i will never be able to forgive myself for missing the most important concert of my life!!!!

I was about 12-13 when I first discovered Vintersorg so of course I was always way too young to really acknowledge any live performances or be able to attend. But now I'm 18, I can do any gigs he sets up now, I just hope we get a igger announcement of where and when he's going to do it (unlike previous ones) so I can prepare for it a bit easier. :C

I was about 12-13 when I first discovered Vintersorg.

You were twelve when you first started listening to Vintersorg?:) That's nice:) I think I was at least 16. Anyhow I've seen the man live in 2004, but I still think I'd pretty much visit any major festival he'd play at now. If I could afford it that is:) We'll see. I'm still hoping he'd at least put out a dvd. At least play a one off show, record a dvd and put it out! It would be great for the fans.

You were twelve when you first started listening to Vintersorg?:) That's nice:) I think I was at least 16. Anyhow I've seen the man live in 2004, but I still think I'd pretty much visit any major festival he'd play at now. If I could afford it that is:) We'll see. I'm still hoping he'd at least put out a dvd. At least play a one off show, record a dvd and put it out! It would be great for the fans.

Yeah, my friend gave me Till Fjalls to listen to, I remember thinking it was really cheesy because I was into all my nu-metal back then but I fell in love with his voice. I was then pointed into Borknagar's direction and downloaded a few tracks, I wasn't told Borknagar had already had 2 other vocalists so I ended up getting most of the Simen era stuff. (Then again, Epic wasn't even out so there was only one album with Andreas to get). And this is where my journey into Metal began. <3

I first heard Vintersorgs debut back in 98 but i thought it sounded so cheesy with Swedish lyrics back then,around 03 i got into Cosmic Genesis and have since then bought all records.

I do agree with a lot of you. My biggest dream is seeing Vintersorg live... but a more bigger dream is to see Otyg live in a reunion gig! That'd be fucking great!
I think Mr.V should play at Sweden Rock this year! Haha.
But, at my funeral - I want the entire works of Mr. V played while I I'm laid to rest. That'd be the ultimate funeral. Before playing "Du Gamla, Du Fria" of course!