I wonder when 9/11 will become like Memorial Day and Veterans Day...

The elitist piety in the US these days is stunning. Since the American chest-beaters always like to bring up WW2 in conversation, let's bring it up now. 3,000 people dying in the WTC is a laughable joke compared to European losses on all fronts during WW2.

Everyone should just get over themselves. No one gives a shit about 9/11.

Print media. Digital media, i.e. data, will always be readable.

Not to mention shit gets printed over and over and over again. I think that in a couple hundred years from now, they'll be sending 9/11 presidential speeches directly into our brains as we commute in our flying cars to our office job on Mars.

The elitist piety in the US these days is stunning. Since the American chest-beaters always like to bring up WW2 in conversation, let's bring it up now. 3,000 people dying in the WTC is a laughable joke compared to European losses on all fronts during WW2.

Everyone should just get over themselves. No one gives a shit about 9/11.

9/11 death toll is very comparable to, say, the allied losses at Omaha Beach on D-Day, which was, admittedly, a bloodbath. Still, in the grand scheme of things only a small loss.

Of course now we've fed 5000 more soldiers and a trillion dollars into the war machine to retaliate for those 3000 deaths, which doesn't seem terribly cost effective to me.

pompeii_03-1.jpg

:lol:

Another day, just like any other
out of the blue, it turned to horror
What's happening?, I'll go and investigate
The innocents suffered hell's inferno
An senseless act that goes unforgotten
What's happening? My throat is tightening!

As Pliny The Younger cries...

9/11 death toll is very comparable to, say, the allied losses at Omaha Beach on D-Day, which was, admittedly, a bloodbath. Still, in the grand scheme of things only a small loss.

Of course now we've fed 5000 more soldiers and a trillion dollars into the war machine to retaliate for those 3000 deaths, which doesn't seem terribly cost effective to me.

Though is it really about the numbers? I mean, after 100, everything can be seen as a huge loss of life. It's the fact that Americans were attacked on their soil, and that attack has since changed the face of the planet - everything from a war in Afghanistan (and maybe Iraq as well) to a fucking Dutch comic. I just don't think the world is a same place as it was before, regardless of how many people died.