I wonder when 9/11 will become like Memorial Day and Veterans Day...

That's because you're a Jew.

He's also full of shit.

I don't remember any Holucust Memorial Day / Yom Kipur / or whatever 'Feel Sorry for Me, I'm a Jew And The world Hates Me' Day that I did not get drunk and had fun with my friends out and about in Israel.
Sure, it is less commercial than the US memorial days, but doesn't he know that everything here is BIGGER???

gosh.

It certainly was nonexistent in Old Jerusalem. Awesome place, but probably the grumpiest city I've ever been to. It was particularly noticeable after being in Jordan and interacting with the Jordanians, particularly the Bedouins, who are good candidates for the friendliest people on the planet. I wasn't in Tel Aviv for too long, but it seemed better there. Thats a city I shoulda checked out more, but I was busy looking at old shit.

Anyone arguing that memorial holidays should be solemn affairs is essentially taking a position in support of a world with less alcohol and cooked meat parties, and that is a cause I simply can't get behind.

Oh eew, I hate Old Jerusalem. People there are pushy and rude.
It's a touristy place... I don't hang out there... HATE IT.

Also, Tel Aviv is awesome. It has its flaws, (as with every place) but I love it.
You should really go back, Max! The night life, people, and restaurants are SUPERIOR!

Oh eew, I hate Old Jerusalem. People there are pushy and rude.
It's a touristy place... I don't hang out there... HATE IT.
I liked it a lot because I'm a fan of the old shit, but yeah it is fairly touristy.

Also, Tel Aviv is awesome. It has its flaws, (as with every place) but I love it.
You should really go back, Max! The night life, people, and restaurants are SUPERIOR!

I certainly will when i have the time and money, both of which are in short supply nowadays.

He's also full of shit.

I don't remember any Holucust Memorial Day / Yom Kipur / or whatever 'Feel Sorry for Me, I'm a Jew And The world Hates Me' Day that I did not get drunk and had fun with my friends out and about in Israel.
Sure, it is less commercial than the US memorial days, but doesn't he know that everything here is BIGGER???

gosh.

Well, I've never just gone out and had a barbeque. On any of those days (you need balls to do that in some places on Yom Kippur). I never said I wouldn't hang out with my friends or anything remotely like that. The fact is, the only day where its a recognised tradition to go out with your family/friends and BBQ or whatever, is our Independence Day. Whatever you do with your drunken friends on other days is cool and up to you, but you can't claim that the whole country does the same.

And maybe because it's the internet, but I wasn't judging at all - just wondering and trying to understand it. I really couldn't give a shit what anyone does.

For the record, Jerusalem is awesome. Maybe not the old old section, but the center with all the pubs and shit is great.

The hostel i stayed in was just a few blocks within the Jaffa Gate, with an awesome view of the Old City skyline and especially the Dome of the Rock. I may have a pic from around the hostel.

Yeah I gotchya. Theres a thing in Providence called WaterFire. It happens once a month throughout the summer. Basically, they place all these torches on floating thingies along the providence river which goes right through the city, then at nightfall they light them all. supposedly its really amazing looking. people come from all over the country to see it. everyone from providence fucking hates it.

I just do need to state that despite how that first post comes off, I AM COMPLETELY FOR MORE HOLIDAYS.

I wish we'd get a holiyear every once in a while too.

I'm just curious as to when I'm getting my new holiday. I wanna make 9/11 burgers. 2 giant towers of thick meat. Jew meat.