Iced Earth Chicago Date !!!

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
Hellz yeah!

American metal powerhouse ICED EARTH has announced the continuation of its current "North American Crucible" with 11 more shows in the U.S. and Canada in November. "People kept on reaching out to us and questioned why we weren't coming to their cities — well, here's your answer! I cannot wait to see more Minions out at these shows!" says ICED EARTH mainman/songwriter Jon Schaffer.

Support on the shows will come from DIVINE HERESY (main support) and EARLY MAN (opening act).

Public on-sale for these dates is October 9, 2008.

After the overwhelming success of the "Child Of The Wicked" VIP packages, ICED EARTH has decided to give its fans the chance to get close to the band again and is offering VIP packages for all shows starting tomorrow, October 7, 2008 at this location. ICED EARTH is also planning something very special for members of the band's official fan club, "Minions Of The Wicked".

ICED EARTH with DIVINE HERESY and EARLY MAN:

Nov. 07 - Marquee Theater - Tempe, Arizona
Nov. 08 - Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Nov. 09 - Bluebird Theater - Denver, Colorado
Nov. 11 - Ridglea Theater - Fort Worth, Texas
Nov. 12 - Beaumont Music Hall - Kansas City, Missouri
Nov. 13 - Station 4 - St. Paul, Minnesota
Nov. 14 - Metro - Chicago, Illinois
Nov. 16 - Odeon – Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Nov. 17 - MacEwan Ballroom - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nov. 19 - Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, British Columbia
Nov. 20 - Studio Seven - Seattle, Washington

Hell yeah! Divine Heresy is an odd choice for this tour, but goddamn I love their CD, can't wait for this show. I'm going to leave work early so I don't have to deal with the bullshit traffic.

Divine Heresy's cd is awesome. Dino's riffage and Tim's drumming is what its all about.

I'm never driving to the Metro ever again, its the train for me this time around.

Yep, you're right. For some reason I thought Turkey Day was on the 3rd Thursday in November. My mistake!

It's good it's on a Friday at least. However, I just noticed that it conflicts with another show I'd be interested in seeing. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Oh, balls. This is the first night of Heathen Crusade, so I'll be in Minnesota this night. I think I missed a Dresden Dolls show or something for the last Heathen Crusade...that's no good! Interestingly, Iced Earth is playing in St. Paul the night before the Chicago show (at the same venue as Heathen Crusade even)...so, do I go up a day early, and then have a whole extra day dorking around St. Paul? Or just count myself lucky that I saw Iced Earth at Powerfest? But dammit, I'd really like to see Gettysburg with Matt singing! Argh.

Driving on a Friday night to Wrigley-ville? I don't think so. I'm taking the L to this show.

Really? Metro is an always-drive for me. Parking on Irving Park along the cemetery is eazy-breezy, whereas the Blue Line-Red Line transfer is a lot more time and work. Sure, Friday night traffic is a nightmare on the Kennedy, but you get off fairly early at Irving Park, and that's never backed up. Cuz I'm pretty sure there won't be a Cubs game!

Neil

Oh, balls. This is the first night of Heathen Crusade, so I'll be in Minnesota this night. I think I missed a Dresden Dolls show or something for the last Heathen Crusade...that's no good! Interestingly, Iced Earth is playing in St. Paul the night before the Chicago show (at the same venue as Heathen Crusade even)...so, do I go up a day early, and then have a whole extra day dorking around St. Paul? Or just count myself lucky that I saw Iced Earth at Powerfest? But dammit, I'd really like to see Gettysburg with Matt singing! Argh.

Really? Metro is an always-drive for me. Parking on Irving Park along the cemetery is eazy-breezy, whereas the Blue Line-Red Line transfer is a lot more time and work. Sure, Friday night traffic is a nightmare on the Kennedy, but you get off fairly early at Irving Park, and that's never backed up. Cuz I'm pretty sure there won't be a Cubs game!

Neil

I'd suggest going up there a day early and spend the day around Minneapolis..not St Paul...one of my favorite cities in the US.

Interestingly, Iced Earth is playing in St. Paul the night before the Chicago show (at the same venue as Heathen Crusade even)...so, do I go up a day early, and then have a whole extra day dorking around St. Paul?

That's funny. A couple of friends and I are planning to drive to St. Paul for the Avian / Sacred Dawn show on the 25th and we wanted to go a day before to check out the place. When I searched online for stuff to do while were there the first link for museums was the American Association of Woodturners!!! :lol::lol:

Neil

Nah. I rather take my time on the L than to have to put up with the traffic all the way from Elgin, there's also the parking issue.