ICED EARTH CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

That blows. Doubt I'll be coming now unless you get somebody else on that day that I won't be seeing this year already. >_<

I hope this pulls in chicago locals and makes your festival a success.

DUDES! The fact that you got Iced Earth just made this fest even bigger... the fact that you got Iced Earth to do their RETURN SHOW WITH BARLOW ON VOCALS?! jesus.

I'm beyond excited.

I am not an Iced Earth fan, however, I am extremely happy with this announcement because of the prestige it brings the festival. Testament and Iced Earth....DEMS PROPPA HEADLINEUHS!!! Looking forward to it! My fingers are still crossed for Ion Vein and at least one solid pure power (maybe somewhat happy power) band.

We definitely have the thrashin' covered, though if we need a thrashin' local for Sat, Eden's Fall gets my vote.
Otherwise, maybe the debut of Ion Vein with their new frontman?
Anyhow, I am sure that end is already decided...

What we need now is some doomin'!!! Electric Wizard, Pentagram, Cathedral, etc would all be nice additions.

Can anyone tell me what kind of numbers Iced Earth had last time they played Chicago? I am curious is this sells out, the 2,400 person capacity seems pretty large, but this concert is now OFFFICIALLY A BIG DEAL.

Iced Earth played the Metro w/ Children of Bodom and Evergrey last time.
I am pretty sure it was sold out by show time.
I think the Metro holds 1200, but don't quote me on that.
Rob and Chris prolly know the venue capacity for sure.

I too will prolly buy a ticket in advance for Friday for the same reason.
Unfortunately, my situation isn't stable enough to warrant buying a 3 day pass in advance
(I wish it was!)

They'd get $500 out of me for sponsorship. Even though I can't afford it... I just want to see Swano live that badly ;)

We definitely have the thrashin' covered, though if we need a thrashin' local for Sat, Eden's Fall gets my vote.
Otherwise, maybe the debut of Ion Vein with their new frontman?
Anyhow, I am sure that end is already decided...

What we need now is some doomin'!!! Electric Wizard, Pentagram, Cathedral, etc would all be nice additions.

I would kill to see Electric Wizard live.

I think if Electric Wizard and Pentagram played on the same day in the same venue I would melt from all the doom. Best show ever.

Wow, impressive. I figured there would be a good chance to see Iced Earth in Chicago sometime, but I never figured it would be so soon! As others have mentioned, this totally bumps the festival up from "eh, I'll just pay at the door" to "hmm, I should probably buy in advance!"

What a perfect occasion for my 20th Iced Earth concert!

Now I actually have to reconsider my plan to go to ProgPower...I'm not as sure that it would be worth it anymore. And it seems like the setlist in Chicago could potentially be more interesting, since there probably wouldn't be as much focus on the Something Wicked albums, which would give them a bit more freedom. Then again, I guess I don't REALLY need to see all the old Barlow classics that badly yet again.

Neil