Iced Earth Thread

It was that other guy who brought it up in the first place...

I reckon...the vocalist on the first album is fucken strange and not quite my cup of whisky. but other than that they're pretty damn good, couple of cheesy interludes here and there, but hey its powermetal. thats almost mandatory.
Overall 7.5-8/10

I used to own Night of the Stormrider. It didn't really do much for me. I also had the horrendous Something Wicked This Way Comes. Yeah, that's definitely one of the worst albums I've ever had the misfortune of owning. Oh and the ballads on that thing....fucking gag-inducing.

EDIT: Mr. Toby, please stop cluttering up the board with your pathetic whining. This shit has been going on for far too long.

Iced Earth - Great album although a tad repetitive
Night of The Storm Rider - Their best album

Most of the others I don't know all that intimately to comment on. Although I liked the Horror Show concept and most of the songs are enjoyable.

Night of The Stormrider's fucking cool. Cythraul: why do you dislike the ballads on Something Wicked so much? That album owns!

Mr.Toby said:
Night of The Stormrider's fucking cool. Cythraul: why do you dislike the ballads on Something Wicked so much? That album owns!

I had that album a long time ago so I can't really analyze my distaste for it properly right now. All I know is that I hated that album and if I heard it again I would probably still hate it.

Night of the Stormrider is rather boring, but Something Wicked is utter scum, and the ballads are way over-the-top. I like "Burnt Offerings" quite a bit, though it got annoying quite quickly.

The first and second album are both brilliant in their own way. I only have Burnt Offerings because of "Dante's Inferno". Everything after that is not worth owning imo.

I love all Iced Earth stuff up until "The Glorious Burden" came out. Ripper Owns is a tool, and he doesnt fit well with Iced Earth. If Matt Barlow had still been in the band Im sure TGB would have been a good album. The only thing about the album that I really liked was the bonus disc that has the big 30 min Gettysburg epic on it, that was really good, but the album itself was garbage.

5thSeason said:
I love all Iced Earth stuff up until "The Glorious Burden" came out. Ripper Owns is a tool, and he doesnt fit well with Iced Earth. If Matt Barlow had still been in the band Im sure TGB would have been a good album.

hahahaha, now that's fuckin' funny. :lol:

Self titled: Good
Night of the Stormrider: Great
Burnt Offerings: Very Good
Dark Saga: Pretty okay
Something Wicked: Boring
Horror Show: Good
TGB: Very boring

My prediction for the next album: Extremely boring

you wouldnt get a very good mix of opinions in the IE forum though, unless there were trolls but still, they never add anything of worth. and i swear to fucking christ, if GoD closes this or moves it ill rape myself. or try too.

I don't think we've seen the same Iced Earth forum cause if we're talking about the UM Iced Earth forum opinions are diverging and it's not because of trolls.