07 - When All Is Lost:
08 - Electric Messiah:
09 - Prometheus (I Am Alive):
10 - Light Up the Night:
11 - The Lord of Chaos:
12 - Reign in Madness:

Have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't now whether to listen to the longer part of Iconoclast... :mad: looking forward to that song and When All Is Lost the most. The other three double disc tracks sound good as well, Reign In Madness could be an awesome track.

It's going to be a great album. Both V and Paradise Lost fans should be pleased with this one.

I listened only to the longer samples of the 'bonus tracks'. Light up the Night sounds the best, Reign in Madness the least good. I'm neither liking or disliking that track so far... but that's no reason to be disappointed. I haven't heard the majority of the song and the progressions.

It's going to be a great album. Both V and Paradise Lost fans should be pleased with this one.

As a huge fan of V, I can say that the samples have left me completely underwhelmed. Sounds like PL2, to me - nothing at all like V. Now, it's only samples, so maybe the rest of the songs are better but given what I've heard so far it's not something I'm going to buy without listening to first. Felt like I got burned by not doing that with PL and I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!

As a huge fan of V, I can say that the samples have left me completely underwhelmed. Sounds like PL2, to me - nothing at all like V. Now, it's only samples, so maybe the rest of the songs are better but given what I've heard so far it's not something I'm going to buy without listening to first. Felt like I got burned by not doing that with PL and I'm not going to make the same mistake twice!

I don't really see the point of continuously posting that you don't like their new work on their forum (especially considering the album isn't even out yet).

I'm so tempted to listen to these but I must not! I already listened to end of innocence a bunch of times, not gonna again until the album is out, really dont wanna burn it out like I did with serpents kiss :p

Prog metal doesn't lend itself well to samples, usually. Relax!

thanks for uploading those, jeff. Hopefully they are still up on youtube when I get off work.

Manticore, V is my favorite album as well, but I think the samples sound great.

Children of a Faceless God is making me crazy.. I want to hear that fucking song so bad omfgeefieeeee. I wager by that sample alone, "V" and Paradise fans will be pleased with the track.. I feel it. I want to kill myself now because my mind is full of fuck.

V is my favorite album as well, but I think the samples sound great.

same here. V is my favorite metal album and I still like Iconoclast! It's quite enjoyable and there is enough proof in it to me that symphony x can still deliver that good old stuff and will continue to do so, probably a bit more in the future. :headbang:

Heh, I'm already wondering what the next album will be like. About that they said something like "we know what to do, or shall we say, we know what NOT to do" (by that I'm guessing they mean the very dark themed riff-driven stuff). But before that, I demand "The Dark Chapter II". :kickass:

I really hope Romeo does manage to put one together later this year. That'd be fantastic.

I just really think that making rash judgments about this album at this point is far too premature. Anyone who really listens to Symphony X should know that a great deal of their material really takes several listens to sink in and "get" whats going on. For example, when I first started listening to the band which was right after V came out, I didn't even like a lot of the songs on that album very much. I didn't hate them, but I preferred the more accessible stuff like Sins and Shadows or Smoke and Mirrors. Songs like Egypt and Looking Glass took me a while to really appreciate. Now my favorite album is V and my favorite song is Rediscovery. You really need to let Symphony X sink in for a while. So... judging the new album from a few 30 second samples or whatever when most of the songs are 6-10 minutes long is pretty ridiculous in the first place, and the fact that you need to hear the whole thing to really appreciate it as a whole is the other key point. And honestly, I don't get the complaints about the vocals from what I have heard. Sometimes they are a bit aggressive but Russ is certainly still singing (and quite well) in contrary to what some people seem to think for whatever reason. Russ has used gruff vocals in parts of songs since the early days, and its nothing new now.