Ideas for meeting the band (at a concert)

Oct 22, 2002
Venezuela
Visit site
So here's the thing, I'm going to the Atlanta show and dammit! I'm getting my stuff signed and taking cool pictures with Alexi. Now since I don't care about the other bands (LOG or Fear Factory) What ideas could you guys give me about reaching the band after their concert? or is it better before the concert? how hard is it really to meet them? Impossible hard?

i have never done it, but i have never really tried. I have heard of many many people who get to talk with the bands, so i assume its not too hard. Maybe try after the show. That may be a good time to get them. they will be partying and happy. So you will probably meet them at a good time. So i say go after the show.

I've been told if you get out of the building quickly and go around back before security gets there you have a good chance. I've never done it but I plan on giving it a try this Thursday.

I'm interested it hearing what others have to say also.

get out after bodoms set, find the door that they are moving the shit out of, and wait around for a bit. but if you do meet them....dont be an asshole, dont be clingy, and dont ask the same fuckin questions you know theyve heard 10000000 times. some kid told alexi he should have played some shit off something wild, or even from th inearthed days. i wanted to punch him. the band plays what they play, and thats all they play....so dont give them suggestions for what they should do

Here's what you do. Get to the venue before 3 pm. They go in for soundchecks around 4 but if you get there way early, you WILL meet them and see them walking to stores and such around the venue and hanging around outside .. going in and out the back doors of the venue and so on. It has never failed me. You can also meet them after the show is over but then of course there will be a lot of other people around and they will try to get into their busses to avoid a million fans.

gkelter said:
Here's what you do. Get to the venue before 3 pm. They go in for soundchecks around 4 but if you get there way early, you WILL meet them and see them walking to stores and such around the venue and hanging around outside .. going in and out the back doors of the venue and so on. It has never failed me. You can also meet them after the show is over but then of course there will be a lot of other people around and they will try to get into their busses to avoid a million fans.

A million fans? common they're not the Backstreet boys. It's BODOM! I really don't think there's going to be a thousand girls trying to tip the Bodom bus over.

chainek said:
I've been told if you get out of the building quickly and go around back before security gets there you have a good chance. I've never done it but I plan on giving it a try this Thursday.

I'm interested it hearing what others have to say also.

before scurity gets there? aren't they always there?

And this is sounding pretty hard! there should be some VIP passes or something.

Well well well, if it aint plfffft. I guess the four cases went over well! I am still wasted here in Helsinki-Espoo, of course. But you could prolly guess.

But yeah, get em booze. Worked for me. Look where I party now :D

Seriously tho, they arent rock stars, some of the coolest people ever, just wait around, and youll meet them. They are all easy to talk to and stuff.

heres what i do, usually. after the set, when they are yelling and screaming and the rest of the fans are going "BODOM, BODOM..." i get up on someones shoulders take my shirt off and throw it up on stage, after alexi looks to find out where it came from, i lick my fingers and rub my nipples in a circular pattern. works every time.

bobvex said:
heres what i do, usually. after the set, when they are yelling and screaming and the rest of the fans are going "BODOM, BODOM..." i get up on someones shoulders take my shirt off and throw it up on stage, after alexi looks to find out where it came from, i lick my fingers and rub my nipples in a circular pattern. works every time.

ahahe

I'm not fucking joking though. Get to the show 5 hours before it starts. They just hang out outside the venue. There is no better way to do it, plus your pictures look good because it's not dark outside.. and they're less drunk earlier and can sign their autographs better.

anku said:
1 brake in at backstage
2 wait outside the bus

we did both and met them twice!

http://home.no.net/washup/cobhahe.JPG
Damn! that's awesome! But #1 Souns really hard with all the scurity you know so I'll try #2

bobvex said:

:err: Now if you were a girl that would work, but otherwise mmm no.

Wings of a dream said:
:err: Now if you were a girl that would work, but otherwise mmm no.

Hum... Do u really think so? Come on! They are not futile! They don't need strippers nor sluts... They're ppl who wanna party but who also have strong principles! In my opinion, they would not really care that much about a dork showing them her boobs in public, like that! :yell:

Well, I really hope u can meet them! I'm waiting for some pics of u with COB! :p
When they'll come here, I'll try the same! :hotjump: *I missed them last time :yell: cause of some prejudiced narrow minded ppl: my parents*

Bebli said:
In my opinion, they would not really care that much about a dork showing them her boobs in public, like that! :yell:

Hehe , last time I saw bodom , there's was an about 20-year old chick and she showed her tits during the set . If I remember right , the song was chokehold .
You really should have seen , how Alexi's eyes opened wide while he was singing . :D
Dunno , if the girl got to meet the guys , but I know I didn't :bah: (Never mind , I got Ale's autograph . Ale is such a nice guy , BTW . ) :worship:

[Off-topic:Rhythm guitarists are always underestimated . I mean do you guys know how hard it is to be rhythmically accurate when you are playing in studio ? Hail all good rhythm guitarists :headbang: ]

nikon87 said:
Hehe , last time I saw bodom , there's was an about 20-year old chick and she showed her tits during the set . If I remember right , the song was chokehold .
You really should have seen , how Alexi's eyes opened wide while he was singing . :D
Dunno , if the girl got to meet the guys , but I know I didn't :bah: (Never mind , I got Ale's autograph . Ale is such a nice guy , BTW . ) :worship:

[Off-topic:Rhythm guitarists are always underestimated . I mean do you guys know how hard it is to be rhythmically accurate when you are playing in studio ? Hail all good rhythm guitarists :headbang: ]
Ale's gone now man! You've got to let go! There's nothing we can do about it.................:cry:

Bebli said:
Hum... Do u really think so? Come on! They are not futile! They don't need strippers nor sluts... They're ppl who wanna party but who also have strong principles! In my opinion, they would not really care that much about a dork showing them her boobs in public, like that! :yell:

Well, I really hope u can meet them! I'm waiting for some pics of u with COB! :p
When they'll come here, I'll try the same! :hotjump: *I missed them last time :yell: cause of some prejudiced narrow minded ppl: my parents*
Hell yes! and you should have explained to your parents that Bodom songs are not all about killing people! Take a look at Kissing the Shadows for example.

what can i say.......i may be going at the bodom concert in nov. WITH MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pls pray for me.....:) i hope the guyz wont do anythin crazy...or else goodbye bodom!!!

What ppl do to meet their fav. bands........lol

A.C.

Fenrir13 said:
Well well well, if it aint plfffft. I guess the four cases went over well! I am still wasted here in Helsinki-Espoo, of course. But you could prolly guess.

But yeah, get em booze. Worked for me. Look where I party now :D

Seriously tho, they arent rock stars, some of the coolest people ever, just wait around, and youll meet them. They are all easy to talk to and stuff.
All four cases were GONE by Saturday night. Me and Joe each had ONE Yuengling. that was it out of all of that. Jaska's hooked on Rolling Rock now, though:p And you should've seen Alexi's eyes light up when I handed him that piece of paper with a certain guitarists autograph on it;)

But seriously, if you can, buy them beer. Me and Dmanx did that Saturday and wound up at the Hotel bar with them all night.

gkelter said:
I'm not fucking joking though. Get to the show 5 hours before it starts. They just hang out outside the venue. There is no better way to do it, plus your pictures look good because it's not dark outside.. and they're less drunk earlier and can sign their autographs better.

yep this is the best thing to do to meet them. they just walk around and shit before the show. it's easier and you dont have to worry about security and bullshit like that.