If Jag Panzer were to do a tour.......

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Who would be a good touring partner?
This can be either as a headliner, co-headliner, or support.

I am thinking of some solid true metal bands here.....

TROUBLE
TWISTED TOWER DIRE
MANILLA ROAD
WOLF (from Sweden)
MACHINE MEN
METALIUM

I will think of tons more for sure.

I'd first like to say that seeing them tour on their own would be great but to see them open for Iron Maiden or Judas Priest would totally kick ass.

Yes and no.
I mean, it would be cool for existing JP fans.
Though their label would have to pay TONS to get them on a tour like that.
The LARGE majority of attendees to a Maiden or Priest gig are not really going to run out to purchase a disc by a band who opened for their heros, regardless of how good that band might be. They simply aren't.

Well, it would have to be either a co-headliner tour or JP as support because, as much as I hate say it, JP doesn't quite have the drawing power for a tour of their own at least in Europe (and I'm guessing even less so in the US). I think a tour with Grave Digger could be pretty successful, and of course one with old buddies Iced Earth as well.
Riot's back with the Thundersteel lineup too so seeing them tour with Panzer would be awesome. Unless there was some drama involved with Harry's short stint with them in the mid-80s?

SLOUGH FEG wold be an excellent pick. I love that band. Some US metal acts like STEEL PROPHET would be OK too.

Even, more underground bands supporting Jag Panzer would be amazing: ION VEIN, AZRAEL´S BANE, TEMPLE OF BLOOD...

Ooh. I like the Grave Digger suggestion, though they don't draw well in the states.

Dream Evil could be good too.

For something with a twist, how about a tour with Candlemass?

Well i don't know how the band would feel about it but i'm a big JP fan and a MEGADETH fan also so for me and i think most METAL fans this would :headbang:

A good Canadian tour would be Jag Panzer, Exciter, Striker and Evil Survives. A good US one might be Jag Panzer, Crescent Shield, Skullview (they still around?) and Ravage. Also a Jag Panzer/Anvil/Armored Saint tour would be pretty bad ass.