If Mort Divine ruled the world

https://www.city-journal.org/html/what-criminologists-dont-say-and-why-15328.html

Liberal criminologists avoid discussing the lifestyles that criminal offenders typically lead. Almost all serious offenders are men, and they usually come from families with long histories of criminal involvement, often spanning generations. They show temperamental differences early in life, begin offending in childhood or early adolescence, and rack up dozens of arrests. Their lives are chaotic and hedonistic, including the constant pursuit of drugs and sex. They produce many children with different women and rarely have the means—or inclination—to support them. Active offenders exploit others for their own benefit, including women, children, churches, and the social-welfare system. They commit many crimes before getting arrested, and they move in and out of the criminal-justice system for decades. Many also report enjoying acts of violence; the social-media accounts of martyred gangsters shot by police often illuminate this subculture. Perhaps not surprisingly, they see the police as another competing tribe that has to be manipulated, controlled, and sometimes confronted. In sum, the lives of persistent criminal offenders are often shockingly pathological. The nature of this world is hard to grasp without witnessing it firsthand.

When it comes to disciplinary biases, however, none is so strong or as corrupting as liberal views on race. Disproportionate black involvement in violent crime represents the elephant in the room amid the current controversy over policing in the United States. Homicide numbers from the Federal Bureau of Investigation Supplementary Homicide Reports, 1976–2005 indicate that young African-American males account for homicide victims at levels that are ten to 20 times greater than their proportion of the population and account for homicide offenders at levels that are 15 to 35 times greater than their proportion of the population. The black-white gap in armed-robbery offending has historically ranged between ten to one and 15 to one. Even in forms of crime that are allegedly the province of white males—such as serial murder—blacks are overrepresented as offenders by a factor of two. For all racial groups, violent crime is strongly intraracial, and the intraracial dynamic is most pronounced among blacks. In more than 90 percent of cases, the killer of a black victim is a black perpetrator.

Criminologists talk about the race-crime connection behind closed doors, and often in highly guarded language; the topic is a lightning rod for accusations of racial hostility that can be professionally damaging. They avoid discussing even explicitly racist examples of black-on-white crime such as flash-mob assaults, “polar bear hunting,” and the “knockout game.” What criminologists won’t say in public is that black offending differences have existed since data have been collected and that these differences are behind the racial disparities in arrest, prosecution, and incarceration. They also won’t tell you that, despite claims of widespread racial discrimination in the justice system, legal variables—namely, the number of prior arrests and the seriousness of the crime for which the offender has currently been arrested—account for all but a small fraction of the variance in system outcomes. Nor will they tell you the truth about politically correct remedies, such as diversifying police forces, hiring black police chiefs, or training officers in the alleged effects of implicit bias: that these measures won’t reduce racial disparities in crime.

This intersectionality meme makes me crack up every time. Love it. First comment was predictable and shows how this minority-pandering strategy is bullshit in the long-term:

Seems like the root is becoming more and more anti black male. Very sad. It sucks they are joining the other Gawkmondo properties in creating a white friendly version of progressiveness that’s easy to gluten-sensitive white digestive tracks because we can still hate black men and be woke.

hahahahahahahaha

Steve Bannon is totally correct on this, the more they push race stuff the more they turn everybody off of it. We need black transwomen protesting on the streets, bringing to light that virtually all murders of transwomen are committed by black men. We need black women bringing up the massively disproportionate violence that black men commit, and then black men pointing out defensively that the black male:female ratio isn't much different from the white male:female ratio. This is the best shit. Attack black machismo culture, pit black female sni. Attack hip hop and create a generation of reactionary young black males as politicizing video games helped create our current "alt-right". Fuck I'm hard right now.

iirc black men vote Republican at a rate 3-4 times higher than black women as well, something like 15-20% vs 5%. Obviously still a small percentage for men, but the wider that gap grows, the more strife it will create.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
privilege wars, it was the expected logical outcome. First the TERFs thing and now this, I am not surprised. I doubt it will ever reach global-privilege though

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2...cker-white-president/539976/?utm_source=atlfb

During the campaign, poll after poll showed that the two main indicators of support for Trump, in differing degrees, were varieties of bias and a sense of economic decline. I wrote about white working-class voters because their political behavior is increasingly different from that of well-educated, professional whites, in ways that paint the current map of America red. From Roosevelt to Reagan, Clinton, Obama, and Trump, they’ve become the key swing vote. The razor-thin election results in the Rust Belt bore my essay out.

At the heart of American politics there is racism. But it’s not alone—there’s also greed, and broken communities, and partisan hatred, and ignorance. Any writer who wants to understand American politics has to find a way into the minds of Trump voters. Any progressive politician who wants to gain power has to find common interests with some of them, without waiting for the day of reckoning first to scourge white Americans of their original sin. This effort is one of the essential tasks of politics.

It's funny, there's 100 articles like this in the MSM for every 1 article buried in some blog or thinktank piece about "how conservatives can get into the mind of 'working class' Democratic voters". I wonder why this is. Can't be overwhelming bias in media combined with the difficulty in selling work and responsibility vs government giveaways.

Ironically, selling work and responsibility in others to the Democrats engaging in work and taking responsibility also doesn't sell. I find that potentially more problematic.

At least someone was willing to call Coates an idiot in even such a limited fashion.

mLfYLIL.jpg
[/IMG]
mLfYLIL.jpg

I think progressive politicians have essentially guaranteed that they will never have the white working class vote ever again on this current trajectory. Why would such a voting block want to support a party that has politicians saying it's their job to silence white people?

Considering people like that aren't a moderating force but rather a vision of the DNC's future, it's only going to get worse.

Racism being at the heart of American politics (so he says) is the main reason Obama was elected. No neoliberal drone like Obama should be as beloved as he is.

Racism being at the heart of American politics (so he says) is the main reason Obama was elected.

Elaborate. If you're saying he was elected because he was black, that's questionable since the black electorate has always voted overwhelmingly for Democratic candidates ever since LBJ. He only did like 3% better among blacks than John Kerry in 2004, iirc.

Elaborate. If you're saying he was elected because he was black, that's questionable since the black electorate has always voted overwhelmingly for Democratic candidates ever since LBJ. He only did like 3% better among blacks than John Kerry in 2004, iirc.

I'm talking about why whites flooded to pull the lever for him. Whites seemed to believe that simply by electing a black president they were solving racism. Don't forget that a huge chunk of the whites who voted for Barrack Obama also voted for Donald Trump.

Racism at the heart of American politics doesn't just mean that people vote against blacks or whites for racial reasons, it also goes the other way.

Reactions: Dak
I'm talking about why whites flooded to pull the lever for him. Whites seemed to believe that simply by electing a black president they were solving racism. Don't forget that a huge chunk of the whites who voted for Barrack Obama also voted for Donald Trump.

Racism at the heart of American politics doesn't just mean that people vote against blacks or whites for racial reasons, it also goes the other way.

The people that voted for Obama and then Trump did so more because of the outsider status. Obama was the new guy that took down the Clinton machine the first time and even ran on an anti-NAFTA, populist platform. I've never seen anything suggesting that white guilt was why Obama won.

First off, nice selective edit of my post. I'm not saying Obama really was an outsider; obviously he was a fairly ordinary Democratic neoliberal in practice, just younger and slightly darker. But that's how he marketed himself during the 2008 primaries in contrast to Clinton. I knew a fair number of Democrats online around 2008 that were afraid he was too far-left to win against a more moderate Republican like McCain.

what's your opinion on the piece and maybe Coates in general? More interesting than what else is going on as of late

I like Coates. Packer's response highlighted a lot of problems I have with his writing though, especially the most recent piece. In general, I find Coates's writing provocative in a good way, but that has more to do with my politics than with my assessment of his writing. As a writer, he's a polemicist. I don't think he presents rational arguments, mostly just a compelling cultural perspective. There's something valuable in that kind of writing even if it wouldn't pass muster in an academic journal.

The recent piece made me raise my eyebrow a couple times, mainly for the reasons that Packer underlines.

Reactions: Dak
selective editing? I just took out Trumps name because i agreed with that part. Doesn't change the fact that you implied the same thing for obama ... which is fucking hilarious, and once again shows just how disconnected from reality you are

edit: Everyone knows that the main reason he got in the white house was because he's black. And are you implying "white guilt" had nothing to do with a huge chunk of the people that voted for him? :lol:

Last edited:
I like Coates. Packer's response highlighted a lot of problems I have with his writing though, especially the most recent piece. In general, I find Coates's writing provocative in a good way, but that has more to do with my politics than with my assessment of his writing. As a writer, he's a polemicist. I don't think he presents rational arguments, mostly just a compelling cultural perspective. There's something valuable in that kind of writing even if it wouldn't pass muster in an academic journal.

The recent piece made me raise my eyebrow a couple times, mainly for the reasons that Packer underlines.

I haven't checked out his latest because I assumed it was just attributing Trump as the anti-Obama which I agree with, but the rebuttal is something I notice with a lot of race writers these days and I imagine gender follows the same archetype

selective editing? I just took out Trumps name because i agreed with that part. Doesn't change the fact that you implied the same thing for obama ... which is fucking hilarious, and once again shows just how disconnected from reality you are

edit: Everyone knows that the main reason he got in the white house was because he's black. And are you implying "white guilt" had nothing to do with a huge chunk of the people that voted for him? :lol:

CASSETTE was referring to people that voted for Obama AND Trump, hence "people that voted for Obama and then Trump"

If you have evidence that white guilt caused whites to vote for Obama, provide it. I'd say the most obvious reason Obama won was because he was following a presidency worse than most of the 20th century.