If you could have one Opeth member for a cold winter night, who would you choose...

Which Opeth member would you spend a cold winter night with?

• Mikael

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Peter

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Martin (Mendez)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Martin (Lopez)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Per

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Frostangelstorm

Mighty Ravendark
Sep 6, 2005
Blashyrkh
...and what would you do with them?

I'd choose Mikael and spend a night with him talking about Opeth, their past, present and the plans on future, 70's prog and nerdy stuff like that. But all of the other Opeth guys are cool too, Mikael is just the most mysterious member of them all.

POST UR VOTE AND EXPLAIN USELF

Novembers Paul said:
Are some people here trying to get this forum taken away forever? Seriously?
it appears so.

i would like to hang out with any or all of the members, around a campfire telling ghost stories and playing guitar.

I would ask Per(Yes, Per) to help me with my technique.I'm a pianist I could learn some things from the guy.I'd ask Martin Lopez to accompny me in a jazz jam session.
and off course Shread guitars with Mikael in the studio.

Frostangelstorm said:
...and what would you do with them?

I'd choose Mikael and spend a night with him talking about Opeth, their past, present and the plans on future, 70's prog and nerdy stuff like that. But all of the other Opeth guys are cool too, Mikael is just the most mysterious member of them all.

POST UR VOTE AND EXPLAIN USELF
Oh no you didn't!

/stereotypical black woman voice

I would supply Martin Lopez with all the hash he could smoke. and then listen to all his fucked up stories.
By some fucked up coincidence, me and my friends ended up in a camp, (Roskilde Fesival ´99) where Lopez and Mendez + a friend (who I never knew), accidentally set up camp next to!
We ended up listening to metal and smoking MORE than I´d ever thought possible! (Lopez and Mendez can smoke anybody under the table!!!)
Antway, we (me and 4 others), got to hear the 'still life' album just about 3 months before its release!
The copy we heard was copy of the master tape, and when everybody went home from the festival, we got the tape!
Now, you can believe me or not, we decided (unfortunately) that it would be a bit too 'uhhhh my heroes! let me get pictures!' that we weren´t gonna take any pics.
None the less both Mendez and Lopez recognised med at Inferno ´03 and actually said to Åkerfeldt, that that was the guy from the festival, they had been talking about!

Miltbrand said:
I would supply Martin Lopez with all the hash he could smoke. and then listen to all his fucked up stories.
By some fucked up coincidence, me and my friends ended up in a camp, (Roskilde Fesival ´99) where Lopez and Mendez + a friend (who I never knew), accidentally set up camp next to!
We ended up listening to metal and smoking MORE than I´d ever thought possible! (Lopez and Mendez can smoke anybody under the table!!!)
Antway, we (me and 4 others), got to hear the 'still life' album just about 3 months before its release!
The copy we heard was copy of the master tape, and when everybody went home from the festival, we got the tape!
Now, you can believe me or not, we decided (unfortunately) that it would be a bit too 'uhhhh my heroes! let me get pictures!' that we weren´t gonna take any pics.
None the less both Mendez and Lopez recognised med at Inferno ´03 and actually said to Åkerfeldt, that that was the guy from the festival, they had been talking about!

Are you not lying? If so(which I really doubt, sorry), that's pretty cool.

And what's with everyone reacting so stupid to this topic? I think it's a great way to discuss what you would do with the band if you had the chance to see them, and by the way, a cold winter night is such an Opeth-esque period of time.

And what's with all the harsh anti-n00b responses? Just because I was not interested in registring(although my sibling used to post here, but he's fed up with studying right now)on these forums doesn't mean I am new to Opeth or the internet for that matter.

Seriously, if such a topic bothers you so much you are going to speak rude, get a life. What would you rather have on the forums, 10 topics about favourite this, best that and 20 topics with RR complaints?

This sounded like a friendly discussion for me, but I guess you people are too angry and close minded and take this thread as an insult.

Normally I have no interest in the thought of 'hanging out' with band members (hell, I respect so many people as musicians, though that doesn't mean I want to befriend 'em, just a hello and a handshake is enough), but if I were given the chance and choise, I'd say Peter. We're all familiar and massively in love with with Mikael's amazing songwriting, but I'd love to hear what Peter's coming up with these days.

1. lighten the fuck up, everyone. this is supposed to be FUN. if you don't want to answer or read it, just IGNORE it and look at a different thread. there's been WAY stupider shit than this on the forum.

2. Bass Player, aka, Mendez... he could tutor me on the bass... and other things ;-)