if you thought the green lantern MOVIE looked stupid...

This is classic comics, 1960, CLASSICS. You seem not to have an appreciation for vintage comics.
By the way, the movie wasn't bad. Not a blockbuster, but enjoyable.

in the 60's you didn't have any people that obsesively folowed any individual character, like you have today, so they had to make each individual cover look so amazing that people would buy each individual issue based on what the cover looked like, not based on who was in it
that's why all the covers from the 60's look so cheesy now
at the time, people would buy the "best" looking cover, regardless of what hero was in it
back in the 60's these covers would have been considered awesome
but today...these covers just look hilarious

No offense but did you exist in the 60's to say such a statement? I have comics from the 60's and the covers are way better then GL ones...

yeah, i remember that the covers of other heros' comics looked better than these GL covers, that was why i posted the link

i was just commenting at how superhero comic cover art has evolved, and how most of the superhero covers of the 90s were made utilizing technology that didn't even exist until the late 80s

yeah, i remember that the covers of other heros' comics looked better than these GL covers, that was why i posted the link

i was just commenting at how superhero comic cover art has evolved, and how most of the superhero covers of the 90s were made utilizing technology that didn't even exist until the late 80s
I really don't think technology really matter.... just a pen and paper is all that was needed... but better drawings/concepts for the covers...

what if he lost the ring, is my only question?

Kyle Rayner's ring had improvements over the previous ones
only Kyle Rayner himself could use Rayner's ring, any of the previous ones could have been used by the theif if they were stolen, i believe this actually happened to Hal Jordan 2 or 3 times