Ignite Amps Emissary Demo (WHOA)

User-42

Title unavailable
Apr 27, 2014
Forresters Beach, Australia
First things first...I am going to say this blew me out of the water for how good it sounded for a freeware amp sim. It really nails the bite and crunch of a high gain amp. This thing really shines with the right IRs to get that super aggressive tone.
I have included a link to a mix i whipped up (follow link for single and double tracked tests)
I used my Esp Horizon with emgs straight into Logic. Tse 808 into the Emissary with the NadIR loader using the Telos impulses i found somewhere on this forum. Bass was a Sub Ray 4 using a bass tone from my Axe Fx and drums were mainly Metal Machine
Anyone else used it? What did you think?

Check them out
http://www.igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins

A lot of great stuff from them. The Tyrant "pedal" has a very interesting tone, as well. I think they also did a pultec eq sim, as well that was pretty good sounding.

It is indeed a very good amp sim. One of the best, if not the best, free amp sim out there.

However, I would point out that I really think that how good your tone is, depends A LOT on the Impulses you use. It's responsible for a very good portion of your tone forging. People should not minimize the importance of impulses in their tone.

Wow that tone really shines ! Great to see my impulses are being used in such great ways :)

It is indeed a very good amp sim. One of the best, if not the best, free amp sim out there.

However, I would point out that I really think that how good your tone is, depends A LOT on the Impulses you use. It's responsible for a very good portion of your tone forging. People should not minimize the importance of impulses in their tone.
i couldn't agree more, i had this issue with my axe fx and ever since using non-stock IRs has really helped me find the sounds i am looking for.

Wow that tone really shines ! Great to see my impulses are being used in such great ways :)
Couldn't have done with with out you :p

100% agreed. And a must add that after struggling like hell (and not succeeding) trying to squeeze good tones out of bad musicians I can't stress enough the importance of musicianship. haha

And to the OP: great tone!

First things first...I am going to say this blew me out of the water for how good it sounded for a freeware amp sim. It really nails the bite and crunch of a high gain amp. This thing really shines with the right IRs to get that super aggressive tone.
I have included a link to a mix i whipped up (follow link for single and double tracked tests)
I used my Esp Horizon with emgs straight into Logic. Tse 808 into the Emissary with the NadIR loader using the Telos impulses i found somewhere on this forum. Bass was a Sub Ray 4 using a bass tone from my Axe Fx and drums were mainly Metal Machine
Anyone else used it? What did you think?

Check them out
http://www.igniteamps.com/en/audio-plug-ins

this does indeed sound very good!

i see you are an AXE FX user also, how do you think does this hold up against the axe?
i am thinking about replacing my AXE FX II with a software for quite some time now but i am not sure if if
would be a good move. everybody always loves the new firmware updates, but for me it has been really hard to
find some good tones in the past few updates. what do you think?

this does indeed sound very good!

i see you are an AXE FX user also, how do you think does this hold up against the axe?
i am thinking about replacing my AXE FX II with a software for quite some time now but i am not sure if if
would be a good move. everybody always loves the new firmware updates, but for me it has been really hard to
find some good tones in the past few updates. what do you think?

This is where things get interesting. The amount of depth and options with the Axe Fx is ridiculous. But i was never truly happy with the sounds i was getting UNTIL...i started using 3rd party IRs. This really helped me find the tones i was looking for. I purchased the Ownhammer heavy hitters collection and have never used a stock IR since. This is what i would recommend doing before you consider selling it.

Reactions: FIXXXER
i agree!
for some reason i get to hate my AXE FX II from time to time but then i discover new IR's and they really seem to make
80% of the sound. right now i use the ML BULB ZILLA pack with some rosen digital and 3 sigma IR's.
combined these sound pretty good!