I'll be gone for a while, too.

JMarz

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2008
Minnesota, US
www.facebook.com
Alright guys, I've been feeling it coming for the past 2 fucking years. It finally happened, I hit rock the fuck bottom.

I remember reading a very similar thread just a couple days ago which was actually scary similar to the exact shit I'm going through.... So, I woke up this morning to a call from the government stating that they just took the only 700$ dollars I had saved up in my checking account due to the fact that Allison breached the terms for receiving SS in the first place (she had to stay in school.. ONLINE SCHOOL..) So, they tell and show me that they took all of my money I had saved, they take all of Allison's, and tell us that she's not going to be getting any more money in the mail whatsoever. She was supposed to move back in to help with rent due to me just losing my job. Now, this is all fine and dandy I just figure I'll sell my computer and amp (FUCKING AGAIN), right?

Nope. Dad calls me telling me I got mail that was sent to their place, and he brings it over, and supposedly people have been stealing my identity to sign up for fucking sport fishing magazines. FUCKING SPORT FISHING? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

At this point the whole fact that I have no money, education, car, job, or anything that comes even CLOSE to being worth anything starts sinking in and I'm ready to buy a punching bag, paint "LIFE" on it, and STAB THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF IT. Now, the lady I'm living with, my roommate, Kim, I owe her about 1,500$. She still thinks Allison is coming back and everything's great. I can't move back in with the folks because the apartments they live at are so stingy they literally, even if I'm not paying anything on the lease, will not let me live there because of my credit.

I'm sure I'll be able to drop by every now and then, seeing as most of my friends have gaming rigs. So I'll check up occassionally, see how you guys are doing.. What impulses are the latest craze.. Y'know.

So here's to another homeless winter in Minnesota :kickass:

Wow man, really sorry to hear that - FWIW though, for someone with, as you say, "no education", you type better than a good percentage of the Americans on here, so don't sell your intellectual capabilities short at least! Why exactly are you financially responsible for Allison though? (I assume she's your two-timing ex)

You want serious advice? Join the army. If you have nothing, no money, no where to live, don't know were to get food. Join the army, at least you will eat and have some place to sleep. You can start a new life and when you get out and you can use the new super duper GI bill to go to college.

But donkey I smoke dope they will not take me. Wrong, there are lots of recruiters that will actually help you fake the drug test to get in.

But donkey I am too crazy for them to take me. The army loves crazy angry young men full of rage that want to kill the whole world. It hates gay people (because they are immoral :lol:)

But donkey why should I take advice from a donkey? Because I am a jackass and its usually jackasses that give out advice.

You want serious advice? Join the army. If you have nothing, no money, no where to live, don't know were to get food. Join the army, at least you will eat and have some place to sleep. You can start a new life and when you get out and you can use the new super duper GI bill to go to college.

But donkey I smoke dope they will not take me. Wrong, there are lots of recruiters that will actually help you fake the drug test to get in.

But donkey I am too crazy for them to take me. The army loves crazy angry young men full of rage that want to kill the whole world. It hates gay people (because they are immoral :lol:)

But donkey why should I take advice from a donkey? Because I am a jackass and its usually jackasses that give out advice.

Seriously dude, this is excellent advice. My dad grew up in a horrible family situation, had a crazy fucked-up dad that did heroin, was a victim of Munchausen syndrome, and on top of that had a cocaine addiction that was starting to spiral out of control. He enlisted in the navy (after failing his first drug test) and now is a successful nuclear engineer.

He still cheated on my mom when I was 3 years old and is a general scumbag :)lol:), but my point is that joining the service allowed him to escape a shitty situation.

no offense to the army but join the air force. i've researched all the branches and they seem to give you more for life (you'll come out with usable job skills, not unusable killing skills) and they don't dick ya around as much as the other branches do, plus as of now with Obama's new plan all those fighting soldiers are gonna be going to war. Plus I've heard from alot of people that while the army and marines are sleeping in the dirt in tents the AF guys are in nice hotels :D

The United States Air Force is also the most prestigious of the military brances and the hardest one to be accepted into. The guys that dont make the cut for the Air Force end up in the Navy. The ones who dont make it into the Navy end up in the Marines and the ones who dont make it into the Marines end up in the Army.
The ones who dont make it into the Army end up as a weekend warrior for the Reserves.

If you feel like killing people until someone kill you: http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

Out of all the replies I've gotten, this seriously fucking wins dude.

Bookmarking this and putting it into SERIOUS consideration.. I have an abnormally fast nervous system resulting in REALLY quick reflexes, plus my dad has trained me since I was able to walk up until about 16 exactly as a marine from our little Vietnam era were trained.

Seriously considering this.

The ones who dont make it into the Army end up as a weekend warrior for the Reserves.

Or we were just too smart to give up a normal life:heh:

On that note, join the Guard bro. You get paid every month for drill, tons of benefits like 4 years college paid, monthly GI bill(I get $900 a month just to take a few classes), and health/dental/life insurance. Best part is, you still get to do whatever the hell you want 29 days out of the month. So go to school, become a doctor or a lawyer, whatever.

PM me if you want more info. The Air Force Guard would probably be best way to go, unless you like being a grunt(I love it)

I have no extreme reactions to add, only my heartfelt hopes that you get it all worked out. Life is a series of challenges and choices - reassess, readdress, and move beyond - buy the key there is the readdress portion because as we all know (or hopefully we all know) "If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got". We are meant to learn from our history so as not to repeat it.

Be well - I truly hope you find a path through it all.

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but after having a look at that French Foreign Legion website and a bit of browsing, I found the following information regardling enlistment:

Enlistment takes place in mainland France only. Travel and visa expenses (if needed) are candidate's responsibility.

It seems pretty unlikely that if the dude has no job, money, or a place to live (as he stated in the original post) travel to a foreign country seems a bit out of the question. Having travelled internationally and undergone the customs/immigration process, I cant imagine it very likely that he'd be granted a visa or even allowed entry inside the border with his current situation.
I dont know of many countries that will allow access without proper travel finances and accomodations secured in place. Besides, enlisting doesn't imply or garuntee acceptance anyway and spending hundreds if not thousands to travel to another country purely on a chance that one might be accepted after applying, strikes me as a bit irrational.
Is it just me or would the most obviously logical thing to do be to work on establishing himself into a position that would allow him to save up money (however long that takes) and then later on down the track once he's financially stable and if he still wants to pack up and move to france to apply for the Foreign Legion, happy days, no worries, Bob's your uncle... no?

It seems pretty unlikely that if the dude has no job, money, or a place to live (as he stated in the original post) travel to a foreign country seems a bit out of the question. Having travelled internationally and undergone the customs/immigration process, I cant imagine it very likely that he'd be granted a visa or even allowed entry inside the border with his current situation.

Actually he can. You know, the French Foreign Legion is basically France´s cannon fodder. They send hopeless people to missions that they would never send the sons of France. They´ll take pretty much anyone who is willing to die for them, and if you see their training you'll realize they´re really being trained to die. It´s like a plan B (or should I say Z) for people who are threatened by the Mafia or have a dark past they cannot escape. The bad part is that once you´re in it´s almost like a prison. You can´t go "screw ou guys, I´m going home".

But I guess that it´s more exciting than become a bum or criminal killer, if you ask me.

Dude, don't you have a kind friend? If this was happening to me I would quickly call up one of my friends and they would be glad (or act to be) to have me. I'll get a job which doesn't require much brains (laborer, toilet scrubber, janitor, painter,sex slave) save up and get my shit together. IDK, Just saying.

Actually he can. You know, the French Foreign Legion is basically France´s cannon fodder. They send hopeless people to missions that they would never send the sons of France. They´ll take pretty much anyone who is willing to die for them, and if you see their training you'll realize they´re really being trained to die. It´s like a plan B (or should I say Z) for people who are threatened by the Mafia or have a dark past they cannot escape. The bad part is that once you´re in it´s almost like a prison. You can´t go "screw ou guys, I´m going home".

But I guess that it´s more exciting than become a bum or criminal killer, if you ask me.

Okay, let me rephrase myself... I totally believe what you're saying about the Foreign Legion accepting anyone on a whim if it truly is like you say.
My point, however, was that international travel can be expensive and the dude has no money whatsoever.
Even if the FF garunteed him a spot in their ranks, he would still have to convince the French Government/Customs to let him in the country and with no finances, that seems highly unlikely based on my own experiences.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding we seem to have had (hopefully I've cleared things up now). :)

Hey dude i was seriously considering joining the army as well before a great job fell at my feet, but i have researched it extensively and would defiantly recommend not going applying as a soldier rather as a technician of some sort. There are hundreds of jobs in the army which require no education past high school. Many of the jobs in the army have skills that are transferable to civilian life. In canada at least the minimum requirement is 3 years of service for non commissioned officers at the end of that your free to go. http://www.goarmy.com/JobCatList.do?redirect=true check out some of the jobs on this site especially the ones in mechanical or computer sciences that way at the end of your service you'll have a career to look forward to and your time in the army wont just be you grunting around doing the dirty work, because unfortunately thats what a soldier is; the bottom of the barrel who gets told to do the manual shit jobs around the camp, and. Good luck.

Dude, Sorry to hear that. I once had no money even to buy bread for me and my wife to eat, but your situation is much worse. Can't you find at least a part-time job to help you eat, sleep, etc. ? Some friends spent 3 months on the US doing some gigs, and in the morning, they delivered pizzas, washed cars, that kind of stuff. It didnt pay much but at least helped 'em survive those 3 months in there.