Im a clean vocal man! ANy suggestions?

Orca_Bracer

Mar 4, 2003
Well even though I will be outnumbered here I will stand for what I prefer. Clean vocals. None of the growling or screaming(soilwork is an exception). Can you guys give any suggestions of any bands that are dark metal like , daylight dies,october tide, in flames, katatonia new, etc that use only clean vocals? I know opeth has some that are absolutley great.

well, if u want clean vocals,
try the following bands (and their albums):

dreadful shadows - "the cycle"

autumn clan - "requiem to the sun"

on thorns i lay - "future narcotic"

anathema - "judgement", "a fine day to exit", "a natural disaster", "alternative 4"

sentenced - "crimson", "the cold white light", "down"

marble arch - "another bright sunday"

lake of tears - "crimson cosmos", "the neonai"

tiamat - "a deeper kind of slumber", "judas christ", "prey"

sundown - "design 19", "glimmer"

cemetary - "sundown", "last confessions"

amorphis - "tuonela", "elegy"

you've got enough with these...
i really do recommend all these albums, as they've got cool riffs and melodies...
good lyrics and they've got real feeling....

Paradise Lost with clean vocals good??? maybe Gothic and Icon but that's it for me.
For one who loves growling, i do like Elegy, maybe that's worth anything. Serpent and Serinity are great.

dAnus said:
Paradise Lost with clean vocals good??? maybe Gothic and Icon but that's it for me.
For one who loves growling, i do like Elegy, maybe that's worth anything. Serpent and Serinity are great.
???Have you not heard the genius of Draconian Times??????? If you like Icon, DJ Anus, you will simply love that album, the best of their career.

"Shades of God" (and later the previous ones) was actually the album that got me to not totally dismiss growls back in the days, it's great´. Growls are still not a preference of mine, but sometimes it's ok if done right.

The Scourge said:
???Have you not heard the genius of Draconian Times??????? If you like Icon, dAnus, you will simply love that album, the best of their career.
Yeah, you're right, till Draconian Times it's still ok, but i prefer Lost Paradise I didn't had the chronoligics (SP!) of that band correct.