Clean vocals or screaming/growling/yelling?

clean or screaming/growling/yelling?

• clean

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • screaming/growling/yelling

Votes: 30 62.5%

• Total voters

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Which do you prefer? I prefer screaming/growling/yelling, and not just because I listen to a lot of dm and bm. I also prefer my thrash with non-clean vocals, since they are just so much more aggressive - I would take Drunkard or Torture Squad over Forbidden or Megadeth any day. I still do like a lot of bands with clean vocals though, such as Judas Priest, Helloween (early), Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, etc.

Dude, no offense, but that's a ridiculous question. You can't make a blanket statement when you've got so many different musical possibilites, to say nothing of so many different styles of clean and harsh vocals. I mean, shit, just take one singer–I like Martin Walkyier's snarl with Sabbat, and I like his clean singing with Skyclad. There's no comparison.

Pyrus said:
Dude, no offense, but that's a ridiculous question. You can't make a blanket statement when you've got so many different musical possibilites, to say nothing of so many different styles of clean and harsh vocals. I mean, shit, just take one singer–I like Martin Walkyier's snarl with Sabbat, and I like his clean singing with Skyclad. There's no comparison.
Not really. I'm talking about general preference. I generally prefer angry non-clean vocals, even though Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Michael Kiske, and Warrel Dane are my favore vocalists.

Definitely clean. I'd take Grimmett, Halford, Arch and Conklin over anyone.

My favourite non-clean singers would have to be Quorthon, Lemmy (if you consider him non-clean), Tom Angelripper, etc.

Well-done clean vocals > harsh vocals > other clean vocals

if they do it right i think clean dominates the harsher voicings of metal - but it has to fit the music.
overall though i enjoy much more of the demonic vocals over the clean ones i have heard

I like both.