I'm getting into Children Of Bodom what CD do you recommend I get first?

Soultorn666

That One Guy
Dec 4, 2002
Vallejo, Ca
www.soultorn.tk
Well I haven't heard a lot of Children Of Bodom but what I've heard I like. I've heard Bodom After Midnight and say a live video of it but I haven't heard much else. So what do you think should be the first CD I buy of theirs?

Nah, id get follow the reaper first. And i could give a shit less about sound quality, i listen to music thats been recorded on a 4-track 10 years ago and never mastered.

Dudes why don't you give objective desciptions instead of your opinions???

Anyway Something Wild is like a crazy Yngwie Malmsteen/death metal mix... very interesting, but poor production quality and is their shortest album.

Hatebreeder... has too many influences to name... but it is like an elaboration on the first album, same basic idea but branching off into many other directions. Quality sounds a bit better.

Follow the Reaper has excellent production on the whole... it is a solid heavy-fucking-metal album with a lot of simple, direct riffs. Alexi was very inspired by Ozzy's various guitarists when he worte these songs. However they have their own twist to it: their over-the-top keyboards as well as the unique riffs that are sprinkled throughout.

So... make your own choice friend, but I enjoy all of them pretty much equally... I like HB and FtR a bit more cause of the length and maturity of their sound, though. I mean, SW has 7 songs and is like barely over 30 minutes long... but all their albums are quite short (it's quality not quantity anyways).

:headbang:

Originally posted by Soultorn666
So what do you think should be the first CD I buy of theirs?

It depends what kind music do you like.

Something Wild is pretty interresting. It's some kind of melodic death metal.

Hatebreeder is Hatebreeder :) Almoust the perfect album (that is my opinion).

Follow the Reaper is a really good album if you like to listen really melodic stuff.

I would buy Hatebreeder. Or then you could buy Tokyo Warhearts live album. That's kind of a collection of Hatebreeder and Something Wild. Also a really great album.

Oh, what a fuck: buy them all! :lol:

My two cents.

Imho Hatebreeder is their best album and it's also the one I like the best, it's the most technical and production sounds average to me, not so bad as you all keep saying.
Anyway I wud not start from that for it's the less catchy one (it hasn't been the first one for me too).

Something Wild is more catchy but less mature. Great as a debut album but not at the same level Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper. Production is objectively poor but not so much to ruin the album taste.

Follow the Reaper is the most catchy and the most mature, Alexi's vocals have much improved if compared w/ Hatebreeder and Something Wild and it's also the heaviest album imho.
Sound quality is almost perfect, very good production.

I'd start w/ this one, then choose Hatebreeder or Something Wild as you wish.

As Stun say, it's stupid to give your opinion, but anyway, here's mine... :þ
Personnally, I started with Hatebreeder, then Follow the Reaper, and a bit of Something Wild from time to time.
I don't know why, but Something Wild didn't catch my attention at first, and I also don't know why, I almost don't listen to Hatebreeder anymore now.
I listen more to FTR, and something wild, my two favourite songs being Kissing the Shadows and In the Shadows... Well, it looks like I like the shadows...