Im looking for similar bands to Skyfire

Children please! If everyone liked the same or heard the same it would be a strange world. Everyones entitled to their opinions, you can never get a situation in musical taste where theres a right or wrong:)

Sorry for the bump, but I'll choose to justify it with the little valley in activity here. It was pretty active for a while (in no small part thanks to AeonicSlumber).

I just listened to this band last night and I have to say, it's a much better comparison to Skyfire than anything else listed in this thread. Although there are a lot of similarities between Skyfire and Bodom Metal Band #142, most of them lack the... I dunno, depth? Where most of the bands in question have a riff or a lead that the rest of the music seeks to support and/or emphasize, with Skyfire it has more to do with the dense layering of melodies. Raintime doesn't have that to the degree Skyfire does, but they certainly do more than Kalmah or Norther.

Not that there's anything wrong with, say, Kalmah, for example. I think they kick ass. It's just a different way of doing it.

Oh yeah. Link. http://www.myspace.com/raintime

anytime anyone asks me to describe Skyfire to them I usually say Bal-Sagoth meets Enthrone Darkness Triumphant era Dimmu Borgir meets Dark Tranquillity

Raintime is awesome and it's a shame that they never got anywhere with the release of their last CD. I actually heard a horrible story about how the band got fucked bigtime :(.

Also I never understood the Bodom comparison. It's only really Henke's shrieking vocal style I guess that is similar to Bodom. It's funny how cursed Skyfire is to get these comparisons too, they even recorded Timeless Departure the same time Bodom recorded Follow The Reaper in the same studio (different rooms though) but they sound NOTHING alike! The new record will be more epic than anything Bodom could ever hope to be. Fuck that band.