What other bands can you recommend if I like Skyfire?

AFSilverstar

The birth of tragedy
Aug 27, 2002
Visit site
Well I love Skyfire and almost all their songs, im just wondering what other bands are similar to them, any suggestions? Thanks

heres a few others with keys as a main insturment...some of these im sure youve heard of...
kalmah
children of bodom
eternal tears of sorrow
cradle of filth
and i always recomend KMFDM when people ask about bands whether its pertinant or not haha...theres lotsa drug use goin on in that avatar haha.
-neal

hehe first off my avatar is from "requierm for a dream" good sad movie you shoudl rent it, second all of those bands are my top fav bands lol, and yea I like industrial as far as KMFDM goes, I like them, zeromancer, rammstein and dimmu borgir? kovenant, covenant, and apoptygma berzerk, while were on the subject you could recommend me some industrial bands I dont know of

Chaos Feeds Life's vocals sounds remarkably close to Skyfire's, albeit with a different musical style, more aggressive. :lol: I wonder who the singer for that is? Anyhow, I suggest you check them out. :D

yea i got dimmu borgir confused thats why i put a ?, anyways I already listen to norther, love them, but ill check out Nightshade and Nightwish...any song suggestions?

sorry i dont listen to industrial haha just KMFDM. you should check out arcturus too. start with 'sham mirrors' theendrecords.com has a song sample from that cd.
-neal

i have some songs by them too haha, but even if you dont listen to much industrial check out those bands.....they have meatl in them at least kovenant

get kovenant- mirros paridise, new world order, jihad
zeromancer- clone your lover, eurotrash, dr.online.....

lemme know what u think

Originally posted by Gadlor
Chaos Feeds Life's vocals sounds remarkably close to Skyfire's, albeit with a different musical style, more aggressive. :lol: I wonder who the singer for that is? Anyhow, I suggest you check them out. :D

ah not sure if your serious or not on this one lol. CFL's vocals arent really anywhere near Skyfires haha. Martin did the vocals btw ;)

:) Juuuust kidding.

But I actually didn't know Martin did vocals. Thanks! :D

heh.....I guess I should have just put the bands I liked first, I love Ensiferum , like Sinergy and Finntrolll a lot also hahahah

only ones i dont know about are
Nightshade and Nigthwish, any good song recommendations?

heh I only like some songs from Blind Guardian, I got like 2 from the other band, their good but I cant really find much more on kazaa :/

:err: wasn't the topic "What other bands can you recommend if I like Skyfire" ? I understand from this, that bands of similar style are wanted...? if yes, then what have nightwish, rhapsody, blind guardian, vintersorg, etc. to do with it? :confused: and EToS are just as far from Skyfire, too :)
the argument "bands who have keys as main instruments" is not a valid one, I'd say. the local two-men-band who plays at weddings, birthdays and funerals also has the keyboard as main instrument, right? :devil: :p