Im looking for similar bands to Skyfire

it's a little cheesy but it fits their sound much better. Moshington, D.C. sounds like a crossover thrash band like The Waste or something.

Raintime is a really dumb name, granted, but to me Eternal Tears of Sorrow just sounds like they're trying way to hard.

And by the way, I don't actually have a problem with the band, I just think Moshington DC is fucking hilarious.

By normal human being standards D666's name would be really lame, but because they stomp so much ass it evens out.

Yanno, I'll take goofy band names like that over some of these lame prog or power metal band names that are intended to be serious but just make me cringe and/or facepalm.

haha honestly I'll actually take Fairyland too, cause it's pretty dang epic. I guess that's also because I am a huge fan of Alcest and Neige decribes his stuff as being in a sort of fairyland haha.

I find bandnames like:

Pagan's Mind (although I FUCKING LOVE this band musically... Dream Theater with Maiden esque balls)

Circus Maximus

Division By Zero

Seventh Wonder

Heavenly

and the like to make me want to facepalm so hard that I'd make a dent on the pavement.

this thread should be the official Destroyer 666 thread...

most bands wish they had such balls...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cause they are super cheesy? It's got nothing to do with music, but the band names are just awful. It feels like these prog bands just throw words together so that the name sounds cool and abstract, but they don't. They really don't. I love Pagan's Mind for example... but uhh... You can be a NSBM band and carry that name hahaha... Cheeeese!

As for Heavenly's case... C'mon, I'd rather my band be named Fairyland or Power Quest! Somehow those names are cooler.To be fair though, at least these bands aren't named Pink Cream 69. :lol: But if you knew me, you'd know progressive stuff is the stuff I hold in the highest regard (not a huge fan of power metal, at least not as much as I used to be, but there are plenty of great bands in the genre), so I'm not taking a shot at the music. I mean, I love Toxic Holocaust but I think their name is ridiculous too.

N E WAYZ, UR POST WAS NOT ABOUT D666 SO I SHUDNT EVEN RESPOND TO IT RAAAAHHHH.

Windir threw me off the first time I heard their name. ..Windows directory? ..What light through yonder windir breaks? Finally found out from the cd book it means "warrior" which rules.

I thought about Division By Zero's name and I've concluded: Since zero symbolizes the absence of a numeric then dividing by the absence of a numeric would erase the zero into absence of zero. Negative zero. Could be a cool band name too.

At Dawn They Sleep, www.myspace.com/atdawntheyslept, isn't the best name but it's a Slayer song so it rules. Check out the song Bumblebee Hair though, the melody makes up for the song title, cos' it's like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Windir threw me off the first time I heard their name. ..Windows directory? ..What light through yonder windir breaks?

I was drinking Mountain Dew and was trying to keep from spitting it out all over my screen from laughing. Amazing post.

Bump because I've been listening to that song Cemetery Gates by Power Quest. So cheesily addictive...

But seriously this band sucks hard at names. Cemetery Gates?

Stay tuned for my hit single, Master Of Puppets.